• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My rear hubs are stuck!!

emu67

I have a spare set of Baja hubs that I want to install on the rears of my buggy. I tried to take out the set screw that keeps the metal pin in place that in turn keeps the hub onbut the set screw on both hubs are stuck and stripped when I tried to take them out. Crap. Now I can't take out the stock hubs. :(

Anyone have problems like this?? How do you take out the stripped out set screw??

emu67

Yup, you weren't kidding. I had to drill that sucker until that set screw gave up. Man, it was a fight but he finally came off. Now I get to try my extra Baja hubs and a set of HD Baja rears. Maybe they'll last longer than my stock tires did.

emu67

Ok, I ran it today and the baja rear tires work great. Nice and sticky and after 20 minutes of running on a hard, rough track, the tires show no sign of sidewall damage. No wonder many of the guys here are running Baja tires...they last longer than the stock ones.

lancier

emu67 said:
I have a spare set of Baja hubs that I want to install on the rears of my buggy. I tried to take out the set screw that keeps the metal pin in place that in turn keeps the hub onbut the set screw on both hubs are stuck and stripped when I tried to take them out. Crap. Now I can't take out the stock hubs. :(
Anyone have problems like this?? How do you take out the stripped out set screw??
Had the same problem with mine. Needed to install my set of Ramtech/Darlsoul axle extenders and had to use a hex driver and pliers to knock out the pin till it came off. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts