• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My Rampage TR5

Shiny

Nice look.

I hear the HPI Baja rear wheels on al fore corners gives better handling.

satttheman

very nice bro are those alum arm?

the baja tires are smaller i think than the tt5 tires but u have more tires options when u convert over to the baja hubs

Kaz the Minotaur said:
Looks nice. So what all did you do to it?
For the Buggy to Truggy conversion, you need the front body mount kit and the body.

For the Monster Truck to Truggy conversion, lower the body, add buggy wheels and tires, add wing mount and wing, and change gearing.

Its cheaper to start with the buggy as you can see.

magnum57 said:
is that the one you raced @ the nitro pit ???????
Yes, but I was running it as a buggy. The truggy that was out there was a Hurricane C5 driven by Angel.

satttheman said:
very nice bro are those alum arm?
the baja tires are smaller i think than the tt5 tires but u have more tires options when u convert over to the baja hubs
Yep, those are the aluminum upper and lower, front and rear arms and I also have the aluminum hinge pin retainers all the way around. I was tired of breaking the plastic arms and bending the plastic/aluminum hinge pin retainers. I am also testing Rad Racings 01 Tool Steel outdrives. The aluminum peices are not copper colored because I stripped the anodizing off since they didn't match the blue. You can do this by using Easy Off Oven Cleaner.

Baja wheels are smaller and look out of proportion, but you have more tire options. I may see what the look like with the truck body, maybe they won't look so bad as they did with the buggy. You will need to regear for Baja wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:

MOfroggy

What A & B gears do you recommend when going to the Baja wheels? I put the Baja wheels on and left mine with the stock truck gearing and it had great bottom end. Is there a gear combo that kind of gives you the best of both worlds regarding low and high end performance?

kun114

I have been contemplating buying a Rampage for several weeks now. Just couldn't make up my mind as to weather I should get the truck or the buggy. I already have a 5B baja, and had a FG monter truck in the past which I just didn't like. Once I saw the pics of your TR5 I knew I had to get the buggy and buy a truck body some day soon.

Now this week is going to seem like for ever, as UPS shows I should recieve the buggy on the 12th.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.