• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My new toy

rcgasser

Yes that spring is very loose it should look like this.

clutch.jpg

clutch.jpg

/monthly_2012_02/clutch.jpg.1e4781d9739dafc09414f4daa3020662.jpg

rcgasser

toohigh4u2no said:
Yeah that's a big difference...Thanks again for the quick response and help. Time for the 8k upgrade! :)
No problem at all!!!!!!!!!!!

toohigh4u2no

toohigh4u2no said:
Just ordered it. Thanks again
these gears just don't look right to me, just replaced the outer 2. IMG005-1672033699.jpg

IMG005-1672033699.jpg

/monthly_2012_02/IMG005-1672033699.jpg.0566ad611c936fe627f9b3b97712f513.jpg

G

+1

Also the two outers are interchangeable. If the larger gear is on the clutch bell top end is increased. If the smaller is on the clutch bell take off and acceleration will be better.

rcgasser

Deluge said:
Shim the center shaft so the gears line up.
Ok shim the center to line up cool so how can I fix this it will need too much shim to line up the back second gear then the front 2 gears will be off. Thanks gear.jpg

gear.jpg

/monthly_2012_02/gear.jpg.80d055189e2d202b4da34b03d861c7c4.jpg

toohigh4u2no

rcgasser said:
Ok shim the center to line up cool so how can I fix this it will need too much shim to line up the back second gear then the front 2 gears will be off. Thanks
Your's are more eff'ed up then mine! LOL 3rd and 4th, shouldn't they line up perfectly? If not, that is BS! I can switch 2nd and 4th and I'm just trading the same spacing issue.

TerraKill

silly question but the gears are fully pressed onto the square? i had this problem on my mt, the gears wouldnt freely seat on fully on the square so i just squashed them in a vice, :)

only down side is i now have little chance of getting the gears off the square, but another good solution witch i use now (another forum member told me this) u can try use 2 plastic 2 metal gears alternating see if they line up? ive been running this combo for almost a year now and all gears still look new

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts