• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My new toy

toohigh4u2no

Received this a week a half ago. Broken rear shock so with time on my hands, a trip to Wally World, order from TGN, RC Lighthouse, and Jetpro, here she is.

toohigh4u2no

The paint is stripping off the rims, just a temp solution until I trash the stocks and I order the HPI adapters and new wheels. After I put the pipe on, less then 10mins the washer holding the one of wheels on ripped through it. Saw the wheel wobble, thought the nut came lose...not the case. LOL

Ildy666

How do like that air filter?I got one from ddm and wanted a blue pre filter.they only had black.

toohigh4u2no

Ildy666 said:
How do like that air filter?I got one from ddm and wanted a blue pre filter.they only had black.
So far so good. I've only ran a few tanks so far. Still yellow on the inside. I really haven't exposed it to too much dust and dirt conditions yet.

Ildy666

For better inner air space.get a spring about 1inch round,stretch it out so u only see a couple coils to about 3inches long.put it inside filter .will keep it open without taking up space and restricting air flow.

toohigh4u2no

So I had 2 of the main gears teeth break (Redcat replaced for free, nice job). So i put it all back together and now the engine won't spin freely on the clutch. I can compress the clutch spring/shoes so it slides into the bell, no problem. It's like straight power to the wheels...thoughts?????

Deluge

You shouldn't have to compress the clutch assembly. Do you have any pictures of the clutch installed? Maybe we could see what the issue is.

toohigh4u2no

Deluge said:
You shouldn't have to compress the clutch assembly. Do you have any pictures of the clutch installed? Maybe we could see what the issue is.
Here you go IMG001.jpg

IMG001.jpg

/monthly_2012_02/IMG001.jpg.756005126edcbbb8aec03d5ec552fe08.jpg

toohigh4u2no

rcgasser said:
As stated you should not have to close the shoes by hand its a tight fit onto the clutch assembly.
All was fine, just the gear teeth broke. I just waited 10 days for eff'ing parts!! LOL

rcgasser

I understand that but looks to me in the pic can you get a closer pic of the shoes? but it looks as the spring is spread to far and the shoes are loose.

toohigh4u2no

rcgasser said:
I understand that but looks to me in the pic can you get a closer pic of the shoes? but it looks as the spring is spread to far and the shoes are loose.
Just pissed :) Good snow day, I wanted to tear shit up! Glad I have 6 heli's with lots of extra parts! IMG002.jpg

IMG002.jpg

/monthly_2012_02/IMG002.jpg.f677b88be32ffe4342543ad8fe9dfab0.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts