• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My gear is shredded!?

Danc12

Hey guys just got my xb a few days ago broke it in treated it like a baby when i noticed yesterday at some points it would start jerking a bit thought nothing of it when i came around the corner from my house it wouldnt go anywhere if i gave it gas, turned off completely moved the buggy slowly and i heard crackling in the gear mesh area , took that off and the gear attached to my engine was completely destroyed 4 teeth completely gone and the rest of it was half gone on 1 side. None of my other gears are bad just that one thank god, any idea how..? Kinda puzzled maybe a factory defect?

G

Sound like a defect. Give Redcat a call they most likely will warranty it. Take a good look at the gear plate. Sometimes they crack and bind things up.

Danc12

Thanks rcdad, looked at the plate no cracks or dents so im just going to give redcat a call see what they can do

andyken

Also look at the bearings, stock suck ... see if the idler/center gear/shaft has play.

The MT gear plate has bigger bearings.

I had the 25/25 gears strip and crack the plate due to a set screw that backed out on the lay shaft with the brakes on it.

chrispc66

LOL.....4 minutes....mine too on a TT-5....what the hell are these plastic gears about, I had a spare set too, didn't even put them in. Just upgrades to a HD ally plate, pin style gear mounts and metal gears. Been going strong eve since.

G

chrispc66 said:
LOL.....4 minutes....mine too on a TT-5....what the hell are these plastic gears about, I had a spare set too, didn't even put them in. Just upgrades to a HD ally plate, pin style gear mounts and metal gears. Been going strong eve since.
Plastic? Is yours a Redcat or just a older version? The Redcats haven't came with plastic gears for years now.

Phill

RCDAD said:
Plastic? Is yours a Redcat or just a older version? The Redcats haven't came with plastic gears for years now.
Mine is a V3 DR (long chassis) sold under the HSP brand

I had read about the gear problem so I ordered the alloy plate and metal gears when I ordered the car

My spare set of plastic gears are still in the plastic bag too

G

Understood :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts