• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My First Mt Run Today!!!!!!!!

Redcat2

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW!!! :eek: !! THE Truck weighs over 35lbs and with the 28.5 and the pipe that thing was like a rocket. :D

It was raining/snowing(not bad) so I only made a few passes.. :p ..BUT IT WAS AWSOME!!!! SHOT WATER LIKE A SPRAYPARK!!! I know you shouldnt but i couldnt help it. :eek:

IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO GET A HOLD OF KRYPTONITE TELL HIM TO CALL ME!! I WANNA THANK HIM AND TALK TO HIM ABOUT THE FUEL HE USED ON THIS THING.

REDCAT= A BLAST

Redcat2

Just curious about the Octane and the oils.

want to know if I use my favorite LUCAS 2 cycle oil would it be sufficient. I use lucs in all my cars and I have two trucks one with 300K+ and the other with over 200K.

Not to mention the last lincoln towncar I had have 400K + on it. Before I started using it I was getting about 130,000 to 160K at the most on every car I owned. There is something to the oil products for sure.

Just wondering about the 2 cycle oil they have or do I need to get A higher grade oil. My CRAFTSMAN WEED EATER IS 10 yrs old and still cranks it out on my 1 acre lot.... I paid 89.00 for it:D

Remember I am a newby to the scale trucks! :eek:

Thanks, Steve

50mph

I also ran mine for the first time today and at first I was thinking everything is to tight but after running around for 5 minutes it started to loosen up. I too say this thing is awesome and I never thought I would find something that excited me as much as my T MAXX. I have had my T MAXX for over 2 years and it has done everything included being stuck up in a tree. With this beast I won’t get stuck in the tree, I’ll bring it done. LOL

Nice pictures in your Garage, poor little brother looks small. Reminds me of my T- MAXX sitting next to my Rampage MT.

I read that during break in you can run non synthetic and once your done breaking it in move to a synthetic. I just mixed up some gas with I think its Lawn Boy, it’s what I use in my gas planes. I will find a good synthetic locally and use that after I run more break inns.

Redcat2

I will get the Premium gas after church tomorrow

Thanks for the hook up on the info.. I think I will try the sythetic lucas 2 cycle oil. Its worked well in my weed wacker. But this thing sounds like a CHAINSAW! :D :D

Now I got it goin, i will eat the tires up burnin fuel:)

Redcat2

I think Lucas semi synth will be a fine oil....

but did some reading and the The Stihl synthetic is suppose to the cats meeooow. I may give that a try but knowing first hand about the Lucas it makes no since why I should not use it but everyone is recomending full synthetic. And I am no DUMMY! :eek: :confused:

Gonna head down to the Stihl dealer monday gonna talk to those guys, they sell Stihl synthetic oil and Lucas semi synthetic oh yeah chainsaws too.

Will keep you guys informed on what I find out. I really don't care what I have to buy but Lucas plant is only about 50 to 75 miles from me. :D

Steve

Redcat2

Stihl Is The Brand They Told Me Would Be Best.FINALLY! I got my oil and my truck RTR and gonna crank a tank out tomorrow. I HOPE:eek:To thos ewho posted on here I wil try and see if I can get the web page that has the info on the oil if anyone is interested.SteveMy 13yr old took pics: you can tell by the shots of the front I was going but you cant see the truck. She asked why I haven't posted them up.

HPIM1704.jpg

HPIM1706.jpg

HPIM1708.jpg

HPIM1707.jpg

HPIM1709.jpg

/monthly_2009_12/HPIM1704.jpg.e505f5532c59d082a93574c88d7944f1.jpg

/monthly_2009_12/HPIM1706.jpg.b6aad446f60a40f30cd8b1aef8f388ad.jpg

/monthly_2009_12/HPIM1708.jpg.1f8a23b2c5a50824e5a2f40821d7f8fa.jpg

/monthly_2009_12/HPIM1707.jpg.6ea6caf9adfe4938f5ff5f336456d0cb.jpg

/monthly_2009_12/HPIM1709.jpg.41a2623862a7a04037c2fe4f2e124377.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts