• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My engine's glitching my nomadio

emu67

This is weird. I have a 23cc engine that glitches my nomadio. When the engine was in my baja, I noticed that I'd lose connection often. My radio worked perfect with my rampage until I had to transplant the engine that was in my baja into my rampage and now I have have the same problem. I lose connection with the rampage and the radio will glitch until it goes into fail safe.

What would cause connection problems and glitches with a 2.5 gig system anyway? Could it be a work plug connector??

emu67

I looked at the plug connector and the rubber booty has started coming off from bashing up against the rooof. So, I switched out the coil and wrapped up a bunch of electrical tape on the top to stop it from wearing out the rubber boot. I'll have to test it at the track this weekend and see how it goes (the track is located below an area where the planes descend for landing and it seems to have a lot of electrical intereference there).

Also is there a way to replace the plug connector on a coil or do you need to replace the coil if the connector is damaged?

Sprint 77

Contributor
You can buy just the end and the plug boot for the coil wire. Get couple extra for the pit box they are cheap. The solid wire that goes to the plug is good to buy couple spares also

emu67

Hey hey!! Yup it was the coil. The rubber insulator had gotten worn from the top of the buggy hitting it on crashes and the coil would intermittently hit the top when it was running making lots of electrical noise. Replaced the coil, insulated the booty with more electric tape and my nomadio is working again like it should!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts