• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My Air Filter system

DanSpd

Air filter was in the way of throttle and angled velocity stacks are out of stock. So had to come up with something.

At homedepot got some pipe and other stuff in section for baths.

At the end everything worked out great. And for some reason I have seen about 20% torque increase.

In future I might get truck body, make a hole on hood and put filter there.

Should look kick-ass

[ame]

[/ame]

DanSpd

I was going to get normal hose, but then i saw accordion hose. It works better because you can extend it and put in front between shock tower and bumper.

I figured out it works better when extended because filter is hitting all air when moving.

I tried to put it behind shock tower and overall driving experience changed.

Hopefully I will sell few bajas and get few more upgrades for my tt. Money...

RampageHopUps

You are seeing an increase in Horsepower from whats called the Redneck Factor, it has to be faster!!

Angled shreadstacks will be back in stock this week. I just told Rodney we are all waiting for them..

DanSpd

RampageHopUps said:
You are seeing an increase in Horsepower from whats called the Redneck Factor, it has to be faster!!
Angled shreadstacks will be back in stock this week. I just told Rodney we are all waiting for them..
Yups, thanks for explaining :)

Well good luck to everyone who waits for angled shreadstacks.

yolonda21

Contributor
RampageHopUps said:
Well said........ :cool:

RampageHopUps

Thats all we had a few years ago was Redneck fixes. At least a few of the Baja mods will now fit.

krashkrieg

Contributor
RampageHopUps said:
You are seeing an increase in Horsepower from whats called the Redneck Factor, it has to be faster!!.
ROTFL

so true...I have jury rigged so much stuff that I have experienced the factor many times... it just ain't makin' a difference... :D

(Other than making your truck look uhhhhh how do I say...more Male)

scaremonger

i like that idea. maybe there is a way to make it look cleaner. isnt that the way some race cars have their air filter set up?

Deluge

RampageHopUps said:
LMFAO! Kind of reminds of the dude who turned Pringles cans into an intake tube.

fat49f1

Contributor
Now thats funny,deluge. I saw a guy in a shopping center parking lot spray painting his pvc plumbing pipe intake fire engine red. And it was duct taped to the throttle body. Can you say hot rod. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts