• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

mt v3 rollcage

fat49f1

Contributor
after i got my v3 i flipped it a couple times and decided to build a cage for it. its 3/8 aluminum. after i built it polished it nice an shiney. really stiffened up the chassis and these things need it.

fat49f1

Contributor
more pics of cagehere are some more pics

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2125.jpg

/monthly_2010_03/IMG_2124.jpg.3a5983c7d69121ce66245662e43db277.jpg

/monthly_2010_03/IMG_2125.jpg.54e207586aff5310a2b320a4e8e0b7fd.jpg

ParkerNT

SWEEET!

That's a great looking cage. What holes do you use to mount to the shock towers? I've been thinking about getting a cage like that, but I've got most of the holes in my shock towers used up already... got some 5b shock towers mounted on top of the stock towers and have some lights up front that use the body mount holes.

What would one of those run?

Parker

fat49f1

Contributor
ParkerNT said:
SWEEET!
That's a great looking cage. What holes do you use to mount to the shock towers? I've been thinking about getting a cage like that, but I've got most of the holes in my shock towers used up already... got some 5b shock towers mounted on top of the stock towers and have some lights up front that use the body mount holes.

What would one of those run?

Parker
this cage mounts just under where the body posts are and i drilled new holes, as for how much to build another id have to think about it ,but ill let you know. where did you get the lights on yours

ParkerNT

I made them from a couple of LED flashlights. Used some drive cup retaining rings and the ends of the flashlight bodies to make the body of the lights. Soldered the two together and used a on/off switch that came with my spektrum radio...they run off 1 9-volt...they make 210 lumens together.

I used two long screws throught the body mount holes and a couple of metal straps to mount them. It's pretty low-rent, but it's rock solid and I was able to aim them properly by bending the screws a bit.

IMG_0348.jpg

If you could make one that would mount between the body mount screws and the top diff screws I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat :)

Let me know what your time is worth. It's a great looking cage!

Parker

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.