• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT to SC conversion first run.

twisted - bones

Took the beast out for a run at a local track. Converting it to a short course truck was the best thing and best money I have invested yet. All I can say is it was off the hook!!!! Out of all the cartwheels and 6 plus turn roll overs all I broke was a body post (kinda mashed the rear of the body up too). funny thing was I busted an A arm coming into the pits of all things (caught the pit wall). Crazy good time. was able to put almost a gallon through it before the a arm incident. Absolutely can not wait for my 8k clutch spring let alone the 28.5 kit to get here. trick is to keep it on the pipe which can be tricky on an 1/8th scale track. Good truck! My buddy is now convinced he needs one as well so I will have a bashing partner which will double the fun.

I don't know what some of you guys are doing to bust them up so bad but I thought I was being rough on mine and only suffered an a arm. Had I put my truggy through what I put the MT though I would be at the LHS buying all kinds of parts to try and rebuild it. I imagine the 28.5 will probably give the drivetrain a work out so we shall see what happens after that.

Anyways cudos to redcat for upping my fun factor by 10. Have not laughed that hard in a long time!

Ron E

Contributor
congrats dude and thats great news about how shes holding up. mines a v1 and holds up well. glad your having fun with the rampage and where's the VIDEO??? :D :D:D or at least pic's.

twisted - bones

My buddies vidcam batteries were dead so no vid. I am thinking of getting a hero cam for it. always liked those in truck views. We will put something together here soon. :D

Obeast44

Banned
Get one of those Keychain mini cams off Ebay, on RCU ZerogravityRC has some vids using them on his Kalee thread. Surpisingly good video out of sumthing that fits in your pocket.

twisted - bones

Wow:eek: those are great vids considering the source......might have to buy a couple myself! Thanks for the tip off Obeast!

twisted - bones

hamster huey said:
The hero is a rebadged gopro. The gopro is the same thing and cheaper.
yeah I was looking at the gopro at B&H photo. could buy some nice parts for my ramp vs a video camera though.

hamster huey

Ebay has go pro parts. You can use it on most of your rcs not just 1/5, bicycles, cars, motorcyles, waterskiing, jetski, snowmobile, there are tons of videos out there for ideas. The only tip I have is drill holes in it to record sound-the stock case is sealed tight to be waterproof.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts