• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT pro V2 suggestions, new owner :)

Todd400

Been into 1/5th scale for awhile with bajas and took the plunge on a new rampage mt pro V2, Should have it shortly when my layaway plan is finished and am wondering what needs to be addressed out of the box other than painting to body etc:D Read a little on a chassis stiffiner etc just looking for suggestion on what and where to get a few must have items to gaurantee some fun bashing, Thanks :)

Obeast44

Banned
The CVD pins on a V2 MT Pro can wiggle out. They arent flat spotted like the V3 cvd pins.You can flat spot them yourself or put some Cat5 rings on the CVDs with a light coat of blue locktite.A little dremel work to the inside of the rings may be necessary to allow them to slip over. That was the biggest issue I had. Also do the pre run checklist.

Todd400

Cool, any pics of this mod ? I assume pre run is about the same as my 5b ? Check EVERYTHING and make sure its tight ? Thanks

Todd400

Awesome, Great sticky and great link, the wife will be pleased to see more debits to LSRC lol, Those rings look like the ticket and I actually have some spare baja boots, Ill definetly order some, What are your thoughts on a chassis brace ?

fat49f1

Contributor
i just bought and installed a set on my v2.8[long story j.k.] ,ez upgrade

Todd400

Well sounds like I have made a good decision, If im just looking at a set of $20 retainers this will be a change from my 5b :) Anyone have input on a chassis brace...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.