• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT on the way! Intro.

OldSkoolMT

Hi all,

I just wanted to say hi... I just ordered a MT today. I have been into RC for years, mainly planes, heli's and nitro. This last few years I have gotten into the electric craze. Own a BL revo, Wheelie King and Slash. It's all been fun. I am the guy turning 40 this year who hasn't grown up. :D

So now onto the new realm for me. 1/5th scale. I am already looking for pipes, etc. I hear the stock electronics are not the best. What are you guys upgrading to as far as servos/radios? Good pipes?? Money really isn't a huge deal, I don't want to break the bank but also am not looking for some el-cheapo replace parts.

Thanks!

1/5 newbie

I had all the same ?'s and wonders after buying my MT but it looks like its going to be different for everyone. My electronics are working good with no glitches so far, I bought the redcat pipe when I purchased the MT and I think its pretty good it really brought the motor to life. You will need to follow the pre-run though as it covers most of the problems. The turnbuckles and dogbone pins are week and the drive train loosens up often as the set screws are to soft and need to be replaced. I think its a great truck and its awfull hard to keep from grinning when its running, good luck with yours I'm sure you will like it if your willing to put in the time to work out the bugs. :)

ipsagel

Hi there! If you're looking for a pipe try checking out the buy and sell section of this forum. I have one post there, you might be interested on the pipe that I am selling.

racetruck

we have tryed a few pipes but the jetpro or the cpi has the best performance so far i run the cpi that has been modified to fit my MT it is made for the baja 5b or 5t my pipe was made longer rob64n runs the jetpro on the MT, XT, XTB and has great power with them. as for servos we run hitech steeing is 805BB and for throttle 645mg they have been the best for the money Jim :D

ipsagel

Yeah, I agree that. 805BB servo is a great, durable and powerfull servo with a reasonable price. I've been using it on my dual steering for 2yrs and until now it's still working great. But you have to make a little modification on your servo mount because it's a little bit bigger than the stock one and it will not fit on the stock servo mount. Mine, I fabricated my own mount with aluminum agular bar got from Lowe's.

OldSkoolMT

Yeah, thanks everyone. I ended up buying two 5755mg's for steering and one 5645 for throttle. It should be a strong setup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts