• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT has landed

Lizardking

I started messing with the MT today and found some minor things so far. I found some c-clips missing on the lower and upper arms. They had clips on one side but not the other. No big deal I have plenty laying around. Found several screws loose in various places...again not a big deal. I'm sure these things are assembled in sweat shops. I ditched the fail-safe since I have a kill switch coming and I installed the HPI battery pack. I did need to install a new harness so it was able to plug into the stock switch...again, really easy since I have the extra parts lying around.

I installed the Hitec 5745 for steering and had to use an arm that came with the servo. Not sure how this will hold up since the servo arms are pretty skimpy compared to the stock. I ended up cutting the top hole and re-drilled so I could mount the servo...pretty easy. I also installed the Hitec 5645 for the throttle/brake, that was pretty straight forward, but did end up using a aluminum arm.

I also installed the ramtech gears in place of the 25T c/d gears. That seemed pretty straight forward. The nuts tighten down all the way but the B gear the nut bottoms out before it's actually tight...not sure if this is normal or not. The washer spins just ever so slightly. The others A and D tighten right down. I may add another washer to B if needed.

Right now, I'm in the process of locktite the dogbones and drive shafts and painting my body....BLACK of course.

Mods-

CY 30.5cc (I want the low-end torque)

Ramtech gears

Hitec steering servo

Hitec throttle servo

Rampage Exhaust pipe. This thing seems uber cheap

HPI battery pack

Bought with MT-

Rampage bolt/nuts/clips/screws pack

Rampage upgrade kit

MCD dogbones

Extra gears 25T and 35T

One the way-

Still deciding what to add next or buy for spare.

Last edited by a moderator:

mooman007uk

Banned
the washer has a bit of play in mine too...the nut bottoming out prevents overtightening and sideloading the bearings which would bind it up

shocks will probably be a good upgrade and an alloy gearplate...and another exhaust when that one splits:D

Lizardking

Yeah, the redcat exhaust is a pile..sounds good. I added another brace hoping it will hold out a little while longer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts