• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT coming tommorrow - Laganm21

laganm21

Hello i will recieve my redcat mt tommorrow pretty excited. i have been reading through the posts on here, and just wondering about the stock drive gears and the drive cups. Did the Redcat upgrade kit fix these problems or is there still a issue. I seen a lot of Tips here like drill holes in the gear cover to remove heat, or tempering the drive cup. This will be my first gas truck, i have been in nitro for a while, so any input well help. thanks

DemonRC

I think I read that only the MT v2's will come with the upgrade kit parts already installed which means you will have the stock diff outdrives with the smaller pins that can break. You may want to upgrade to the upgrade kit outdrives that accept that larger pins and temper them. Also, I've had luck with drilling out my gear cover to help keep my gears intact. Redcat is working on releasing steel gears sometime which will end up totally eliminating the gear problem. Other than that upgrade your shocks to Baja shocks and have fun.

laganm21

Thanks i have the upgrade kit all ready, it came before the truck any outher tips before i fire it up. also do i have to temper the upgraded diff cups also

Clubin

Banned
Congrats man, you will love the MT they are alot of fun to bash. I know the feeling I have a Bajer inthe mail. A few mods are nescessary, but generally it depends on you and how you bash. lol

DemonRC

laganm21 said:
Thanks i have the upgrade kit all ready, it came before the truck any outher tips before i fire it up. also do i have to temper the upgraded diff cups also
Mooman, our official Rampage breaker, and a few others have tempered the shafts on the upgraded cups and they have held up well. What happens on the upgraded diff pieces is that they made the diff pin larger which increased the hole size on the diff cup shaft. The shaft's is too hard (brittle) and it will break right at the hole where the pin goes through. Moo has been heating the shaft to a blue color (900f) to soften the metal up where it is less brittle. There's a few threads on it in the Suspension and Drivetrain section that you should check out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts