• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

More throttle servo woes...

Kaz the Minotaur

I went through another throttle servo. So I bough a Traxxas servo on ebay...I got it for a good price.

Why is the Rampage so hard on throttle servos?

What brand is the stock throttle servo?

What brands of servo horns are compatable with Traxxas servos? The sock horn also fits on a Skyion servo. The steering servo from a Cen Genesis is a 144 ounce Skyion. It worked good for a month...

M

magnum57

The stock Chinese servos have all ways given me trouble. My Titan and Rampage both had the same type servo. I changed mine out before I even ran the MT or Titan. It pays in the long run to have a good quality servo. I’m using all digital servos due the fact I’m running the Futaba Fasst 2.4GHz system in HRS mode. I installed all Hitec digital servos and have had no problems since day one.

serv1a.jpg

/monthly_2008_08/serv1a.jpg.3fbf2a5ef4d78e4a76c67dda5b50998b.jpg

MOfroggy

What are the numbers on the Hitec servo's you are running on the Rampage?

What is the model"number" of the Futaba? 3PM?

M

magnum57

I'm using a Futaba Magnum3PK with the 2.4 GHz Fasst module. Hitec HS5745 servo for steering and the Hitec HS5625

Sprint 77

Contributor
Kaz the Minotaur said:
I went through another throttle servo. So I bough a Traxxas servo on ebay...I got it for a good price.
Why is the Rampage so hard on throttle servos?

What brand is the stock throttle servo?

What brands of servo horns are compatable with Traxxas servos? The sock horn also fits on a Skyion servo. The steering servo from a Cen Genesis is a 144 ounce Skyion. It worked good for a month...
Traxxas servos take futaba spline arms. You need to check and make sure your endpoints are set correctly on your radio. Your servo may be wanting to turn more after the brake limit causing your premature servo failure.

I agree the stock servo is junk @ best but you shouldn't be going through them that fast, Double check your radio settings. Turn the throttle to full brake and back the EPA off till the truck will roll then turn it up while pushing the truck with your foot till the brake applies good and stop the extra travel of applying higher endpoint adjustment is just servo bind and heat which fails servos.

lancier

Can you run digital servos on PPM mode and can you run the stock analog servos of the MT on HRS mode using the Futaba 3PM/3PK Transmitters?

Sprint 77

Contributor
lancier said:
Can you run digital servos on PPM mode and can you run the stock analog servos of the MT on HRS mode using the Futaba 3PM/3PK Transmitters?
You can run either digital or anolog on PPM mode

You must have ALL Digital servos to run HRS mode

I hope this clarifies that for you.

Kaz the Minotaur

What about the throttle end point? The butterfly has to be completely open...not matter if it is at the end of servo travel or not.

Sprint 77

Contributor
You never have mentioned which radio you are using? Some have on screen seperate endpoints in both directions , others you push the throttle forward wile your setting the brake and pull back while your setting the throttle, Play with yours both ways to see but if it has EPA on your radio all of the new ones I have seen in past two years have seperate travel settings for each channel. Hope this helps Get your radio manual out and read it, You will deffinately learn something about it you wished you would have known. Maybe even quit costing you so many servos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts