• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

more bang for your buck!!!

redcat racer 89

hey everyone,i live in san antonio texas.2 weeks ago i drove to houston texas (3.5hours) to go pick up a rampage xb($300) with the intent to convert it to the xt,well that plan is on hold,reason being is the stock 30cc is wasted,considering this buggy was released in december 2010 its only 8 months old.the previous owner either mistreated this buggy or had it poorly tuned,anyway no big deal,i went to ddm and ordered a cy29cc($220) engine rated at 3.5+hp,plus my pipe(free) adds 1.5hp,walbro 998 carb($52) adds .5+hp and msd sparkplug wire($10) adds .5hp. thats about 7hp for less than $300 and all n all was cheaper than buying a new xb. for less than $600 total i have a xb faster than any stock 1/5th scale rc.i also plan to get hitec servos and spektrum dx3.

redcat racer 89

The drive shafts are steel dogbones,idk if that's an upgrade or not because I bought it used and that's the way it came,I'm positive the drivetrain can hold up.I'm estimating 7hp it could be more it could b less,it will be over 5hp for sure

Zapped

redcat racer 89 said:
The drive shafts are steel dogbones,idk if that's an upgrade or not because I bought it used and that's the way it came,I'm positive the drivetrain can hold up.I'm estimating 7hp it could be more it could b less,it will be over 5hp for sure
The stock dogbones are steel,you may need to upgrade the bearings,especially the ones at the wheels to the larger bearing setup from 7075 RC.

Dirtconvert

The 7075rc wheel carriers will save you headaches when the stock bearings disintegrate and they will in short order. As far as your hp, stock drivetrain will be fine. I think your hp estimates are a bit high considering a peak hp and a driving hp will be significantly different. Overall the Redcat is overbuilt but uses subpar bearings. IMO

Obeast44

Banned
Hes a forum supporter/advertiser, he makes high quality aftermerket components for the XT/XB/XB-E. Check his site out on the left.

XBENOOB

Upper front A-Arms you can get from Rampage Hopups...

You can also get the baja wheel adapters from there as well, if you want to run hpi wheels....

There are no aluminum lower arms for the xb yet :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts