• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Monon Fun Run

grizzledcamudgen

Hello everyone,

The wife and I went to Monon today, I did a little shopping! HaHa

I picked up a new digital throttle servo, HS-5645MG and a few other items! Thanks Rob64n! I was able to talk with bob by the way. He's a really nice and funny guy! We had a really fun time! We stayed there for a while and watched some of the guys run their gas and electric cars. I took some pics for you all to see. I have two videos but I'm not sure how to go about loading them on here.

If you haven't been there, you ought to check it out, if your able!

Regards,

grizzledcamudgen

Obeast44

Banned
Glad ya got to go! Its a nice facility isnt it? Bob is one cool cat man, I cant wait to get back up there and run with him some more. Im definitely going in September, ive missed the last 2 fun runs because of personal commitments. :(

The videos can be uploaded to Youtube and linked to here.

rob64n

Contributor
your welcome griz glad you got the servo it will put you at ease when drivin lol now that you have seen there setup you can start on the land you have.lol right

grizzledcamudgen

Obeast44 said:
Glad ya got to go! Its a nice facility isnt it? Bob is one cool cat man, I cant wait to get back up there and run with him some more. Im definitely going in September, ive missed the last 2 fun runs because of personal commitments. :(
Yes, the place is huge! It's kinda funny being out in the sticks like it is! Their are really no signs on any of the buildings so we just snooped around until we found what we were looking for! lol

Yeah, Bob was great! I'll be there in September also, it's so close to were I live it's not a problem driving there.

Thanks for the tip!

grizzledcamudgen

rob64n said:
your welcome griz glad you got the servo it will put you at ease when drivin lol now that you have seen there setup you can start on the land you have.lol right
You know, the wife and I were talking about that today! lol

We will definitely run them out there! Hey, if it wears out the grass and creates it's own track then all the better! lol I'll just need to add a lot of extra dirt for the berms and jumps!

grizzledcamudgen

I think I put the R/C bug to my wife today! lol, she was talking about getting into the hobby! You go girl!

lightning73

Im so jealous of you guys who live in that area, I would kill to have the use of a facility like that all the time. Short of being run over by a truck nothings stoppin me from makin it to Power Jam next year...lol

Thats awesome that you got the Mrs. into it Grizz!

racetruck

the boy told me he went to your house and give you some tips on your redcat we should be ready to make the trip to lsrc in sept for the fun run :D

grizzledcamudgen

racetruck said:
the boy told me he went to your house and give you some tips on your redcat we should be ready to make the trip to lsrc in sept for the fun run :D
Yeah, he sure did. I had a great time! What a wealth of knowledge!

Did he happen to tell you about the approx 30 foot kill zone I had with my transmitter? That was suppose to be a 2.4 GHZ too! HaHa Well, I have my 4PK now, so just waiting for the weekend so I can get it all set up and want not.

Will your truck be ready to go by then?

I need to get in some major drive time before then, also break it in as well!

I would hate to take someone out! :eek: HaHa

racetruck

Yes he did i couldn't beleve the radio had that short on range but my spektrum wasn't much better two receivers with 120 foot range. I should have my truck readly all i need to do is pull the rear diff and change one of the diff cups and put it back together and it will be readly :D :cool:

racetruck

Obeast44 said:
I will see you guys up there. I am going, hell or high water! :)
Obeast i can't wait to meet you i just missed you at the power jam. griz iam still trying to get my truck to turn abit sharper :D :cool:

Griz the next time you see my son ask him about when i drowed him with water when he launched my miss bud boat

racetruck

Here's a short video of that day of running my miss bud with the first motor it would only run for 3 minites and dye and it would only open up to half throtlle because it was setup wrong it has a 26cc zen in it marine

th_P1070011.jpg

looker2756

Contributor
grizzledcamudgen said:
Hello everyone,
The wife and I went to Monon today, I did a little shopping! HaHa

I picked up a new digital throttle servo, HS-5645MG and a few other items! Thanks Rob64n! I was able to talk with bob by the way. He's a really nice and funny guy! We had a really fun time! We stayed there for a while and watched some of the guys run their gas and electric cars. I took some pics for you all to see. I have two videos but I'm not sure how to go about loading them on here.

If you haven't been there, you ought to check it out, if your able!

Regards,

grizzledcamudgen
It was great to get the chance to meet you Neil & your wife as well. It sounds like your looking to have big fun with the Rampage. By the sounds of your last post, you will have your wife to run with here soon. We enjoyed having eveyone over for some Track fun. I did see you two watching the off-road racing & getting ready. Keeping your own car under control & running the track as fast as you possibly can without crashing, or making mistakes is big fun. Most of the time you find yourself racing the track & keeping your own car in control. The other cars are doing the same, so only when passing, or being passed, is when things get a bit more technical.

BTW: I'll be at the EarlPark Festival here in a couple weeks. Maybe I'll see you there.

Sunday, September 5th

Earl Park Fall Festival Finale

At: The Earl Park Fall Festival

Earl Park public park just off U.S. 41

South of Kentland Indiana in Earl Park Indiana 47924

Sunday Registration opens at 9:00am eastern

Tech opens at 10:00 am eastern

Pulls start at 11:00am eastern

For More Festival Info, Log On To: http://www.earlparkfestival.com/Events/WeedWackerPull.html

Obeast44 said:
Thanks for the Awesome comments !! I like people & enjoy getting to know new ones. Brandon, you & I have only had a small bit of time to talk, but I know your a cool cat too. Meeting great new people is at least 1/2 the fun for me personally.

Hope to see you all again here soon & Thanks for coming !

Bob - LargeScaleRC

1FunRunAug21st2010028.jpg

1FunRunAug21st2010018.jpg

Humm ... It won't go any more ....

1FunRunAug21st2010036.jpg

A short video as well.

[ame]

[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

grizzledcamudgen

racetruck said:
Here's a short video of that day of running my miss bud with the first motor it would only run for 3 minites and dye and it would only open up to half throtlle because it was setup wrong it has a 26cc zen in it marine
That is an awesome boat! I would like to have one, some day! lol

Thanks for posting that!

krashkrieg

Contributor
Hey Bob, when you opening up LSRC North-east? ;)

...Lightning and I will be the first at your door...lol...

but seriously, we'll see you all next June for sure!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts