• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Modded SS Pipe - Great Fit

DemonRC

Ok here's what I'm gonna be running in favor of my side dom. Basically you take a SS steel header, cut it at the engine mount, rotate it 90 deg counter-clockwise, and reweld it. Then, cut it at the bend and weld in a 2" extension. At the end of the extension weld the coupler on. Now you can put the stock SS pipe on and make any bracket you wish for support. The header length lost around 3/8", however, I plan on making up for that but extending the header right before the main body of the pipe by 1".

Notice, I welded in a bracket to the steel header for support. That way any rear-end flex will not effect the pipe integrity. The pipe is 1 7/8" from the rear tower and rests 1 1/8" above the fuel tank. I used the gold baja sway bar for support and it's rock solid.

Oh, one last thing. The RD-Logics pipe will mount up the exact same way. I would have prefered the RD-Logics pipe since it's so smooth but my buddy I gave it to flaked and didn't get it to me. Also, Don't make fun of my beat-to-shit SS pipe :) . It was borrowed for mock-up purposes. I need to get a newer one off e-bay or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

Sprint 77 said:
I see you got it prototyped out. Nice sanitary mounting , well thought out. Good Job!
Thanks Sprint. It's not a pro job like you do but it'll serve it's purpose :) . I'm gonna run it around and see if it holds up to cartwheels and such. I think it should with that steel header and thick swaybar. If everything holds up good and the performance is good I'll want another one TIG'ed up :) .

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

mooman007uk said:
Nice job, great to see new ideas.
when sprint modded an ss pipe for me he added extra length to the body of the pipe and it gave it loads of torque but still lots of top end, might be worth considering adding the extra inch in the body

I'm dying to get my hands on one of the unsilenced vrc 5b pipes to cut up but need to come up with the sheckles, lot of money for a pipe to "hack" up
Ya, your right. An extra inch in the body should help it alot more than in the header. I'd do it myself with my MIG but for some reason I can't weld aluminum. I tried it for the first time last night and it just blew BB size pellets all over my workbench. I'm assuming it's because of my 75/25 mix instead of using 100% argon. I even turned it up to 40 cfph on the gas and still the same. I dunno. If anything I'll run it like this and get the pipe's belly extended on the final.

Sucram

Thats not that badly beat up... Im going to start an exhaust project soon but it will be a side mount for a broad power spead... Anyone in Oz wanna buy a brand new dom?

Sprint 77

Contributor
mooman007uk said:
Nice job, great to see new ideas.
when sprint modded an ss pipe for me he added extra length to the body of the pipe and it gave it loads of torque but still lots of top end, might be worth considering adding the extra inch in the body

DSC00178.jpg

I'm dying to get my hands on one of the unsilenced vrc 5b pipes to cut up but need to come up with the sheckles, lot of money for a pipe to "hack" up
That and the 1" header dia both is what led to more torque on a bigger motor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online