• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MCD Gears

topdog802

Has anybody killed the 25t MCD gears? i put maybe 4 tanks on them and now i don't have any teeth on them. I got more out of the stock gears (now back on). Im running the stock 23cc, side DOM pipe, HPI wheels and tires, fasteddy bearings, could it be heat related? I don't have the alum. gear plate yet. I think I'm going to buy that, just want some expert help. Thanks!

Piranha2

Contributor
The aluminum gearplate was the very first thing I added and it was worth every cent! Just make sure you get a perfect fit with your bearings.

topdog802

I have the upgrade gear plate and the bearings fit good. I hear that the bearings don't fit very well in the alum. When i get it, what should i do to the to get the bearings to fit right?

Piranha2

Contributor
The only one that was "loose" was the 35/25 shaft bearing which I put a thin strip of foil tape on.....it was someone else's idea and it worked great for me. You can get the foil tape at any H/W store, they use it for heating duct seals.

Clubin

Banned
topdog802 said:
I have the upgrade gear plate and the bearings fit good. I hear that the bearings don't fit very well in the alum. When i get it, what should i do to the to get the bearings to fit right?
Get yourself a tube of Permatex bearing set, that is all I did, worked perfect. THe fit is not that bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.