• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Maverick blackout custom headlights..

RampageHopUps

HSP is the factory that produces these models. Himoto is another reseller just like Redcat. Whoever told you Himoto produces them in their factory is wrong.

purusam

RampageHopUps said:
HSP is the factory that produces these models. Himoto is another reseller just like Redcat. Whoever told you Himoto produces them in their factory is wrong.
Himoto themself told me that they manufacture these

Eemail them for yourself

purusam

RampageHopUps said:
http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/137313-maverick-blackout-mt-v2/

A maverick blackout is a clone lolIt's a clone of the redcat rampage, which is made by himoto

I have a rampage and can say the build is far better than the maverick
Technically...it's not a clone...They are made by Himoto under licence, and then badged as Maverick Blackouts. They also supply to Redcat who sell them as the Rampage. There are minor differences in spec as Himoto will give you a choice as to how many corners you want cut for the price

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

1/5th Scale Gasoline Off Road Truck Model NO:94050

What difference does it make, though? They're the same truck. If you find out that HSP makes it, is it going to ruin your experience? I don't understand why it's such a big deal. To me it looks like you just want the satisfaction of being right.

Also, I'd assume a dealer would know more about the origin of their merchandise than their customers.

purusam

Deluge said:
1/5th Scale Gasoline Off Road Truck Model NO:94050What difference does it make, though? They're the same truck. If you find out that HSP makes it, is it going to ruin your experience? I don't understand why it's such a big deal. To me it looks like you just want the satisfaction of being right.

Also, I'd assume a dealer would know more about the origin of their merchandise than their customers.
You are right it doesn't matter. But i will investigate :)

Compare that hsp model to the himoto model

http://www.himotoracing.com/product/truck/petrol/truck_p001/details.php

Deluge said:
1/5th Scale Gasoline Off Road Truck Model NO:94050the same weight the same lenght the same details.....a little difference on the painting.

So i ask you guys why cant the maverick blackout be manufactored by himoto ?

Obeast44

Banned
Umm because Himoto does the same thing Redcat, Maverick and a few other importers do....they buy them from HSP with the options that they want on their specific cars. Hell, if you order enough of them they'd be happy to put your name on them.

GTS 666

Obeast44 said:
Umm because Himoto does the same thing Redcat, Maverick and a few other importers do....they buy them from HSP with the options that they want on their specific cars. Hell, if you order enough of them they'd be happy to put your name on them.
Agree completely I can buy in Australia The Maverick the Himoto version the Hsp version and a HRC racing version. All basically the same just different painted bodies or miner changes such as steel gears / tuned pipe / different cc engine / etc.... If you look at himoto they will only have a small range of 1/5 vehicles that HSP manufacture.

RampageHopUps

You can tell who the factory is by looking at the website. They do not have retail prices listed, since they only sell to re-sellers.

On the Redcat or Himoto sites, you see retail prices for direct sales to customers.

G

It is all the same parts. The different resellers can pick the parts they wanted included with the platform. That's why you see some differences. It's more than the paint job on the body. Redcat moves a lot of product. I'm sure they are HSP's largest distributor. Redcat does a great job with their packages. I can't really speak of any of the brands sold across the pond. Over here we also have Exceed and their packages are not as nice and parts support doesn't even come close to Redcats. That's why I sell the Redcats.

purusam

okey i was in contact with HSP

and i now understand :)

Im admitting that i was way off the line.. and you guys was right.

im sorry about that.

Im looking forward to film some more movies of my still chinese hpi maverick blackout and show off it :). im very satisfied with it.

Regards

Daniel

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.