• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Lower Suspension?

Topher

I am trying to replace my lower front suspension with the aluminum replacements,on the XT.Do I need shock exstentions or longer shocks as it appears as though I have lost over an inch of travel and the sway bar link won't even hook up.You can't use those shock mountd that are on the plastic stock ones.What is there that I need to make it rite?

G

Something else is up. They are a direct replacement part. No other mods required. Can you post some pics.

Topher

Suspension!

The problem is that on the stock arms there is a raised shock mount and on the aluminum ones they have just a bolt through the arm.You loose a full inch of ground clearance and the sway bar link will no longer hookup,it's way too tight,can't do pics until tomorrow.

G

OK, I know what your talking about. I thought the aluminum version had the raised mount also. Need to give Redcat a call.

G

Here is a pic of the plastic arm. They are the same as the XT

The aluminum version should have a aluminum tab in its place. The pic of the hopped up HSP car has one. If you can zoom in you can see it.

4d922267.jpg

xbredwhiteblue.png

Topher

Suspension?

These arms have no tab just threaded holes.So I will have to ask if these are the rite parts for this application,or is there a part missing?Or are these the same MT?Trying to mod this thing has been a real PAIN,starting with bolts not long enough for the mod parts like the rollbar,little to no directions on changing parts,the rollbar it self had screws that were too short to hold it together[aluminum one].Cleaning it up last night and found both outer rear bearings were gone,found some at a place in Brantford $4.50 each for the cheap ones,$12 for better ones.It's a good thing Fastenal is close and a great help also.Don't get me wrong it's fun as hell but somrtimes it is very frustating just to repair or replace simple things.

Topher

Suspension?

The part # 710025 and that is the listed part,but no pics on the site where ordered.The part was ordered through dealer so I'll call him in the morning after midnight here so I'm off to bed and will address it in the AM.Thanks for the help so far if you find out more before I do please let me know.

Topher

Suspension?Here are a few pics of the problem I can try and see if I can get closer,but if you look you can see the difference.

XT front suspension 001.jpg

XT front suspension 002.jpg

XT front suspension 003.jpg

XT front suspension 001.jpg

XT front suspension 002.jpg

XT front suspension 003.jpg

/monthly_2012_03/583c6063958e0_XTfrontsuspension001.jpg.d5b4b613e5f60ee953964dff7e110ff7.jpg

/monthly_2012_03/583c60639781d_XTfrontsuspension002.jpg.ab95d6865b5f10927f2cc639b5d1743d.jpg

/monthly_2012_03/583c606399ca8_XTfrontsuspension003.jpg.cbac81e567194e6ecbd03d17db94fb74.jpg

G

That's an issue Redcat needs to get fixed. I forwarded you pics to Redcat as I am interested in what they think as well. If there is not a better option the MT shocks are longer and would fix your issue. Also your rears on your XT are longer than the fronts if you want to try it out.

Topher

Suspension?

But that makes this not a simple bolt on mod and alot more money if I or others have to buy shocks to make it work.If I had a mill I would just make the shock mounts to fit the application and that would be the end of it for me.I hope they will address it asap and come up with a proper fix not to make me spend alot more money.Would you know if those ones in that picture you sent me are available and would they work.Thanks again for all your help.

G

I will post the response I get from Redcat. You are correct, they are suppose to just be an aluminum replacement.

G

The mounts are part of the arm. A person could cut them off and fit them to the aluminum arms. Might be easier to make some tabs out of aluminum stock.

G

I was wrong. That is the shock mount for the plastic arms. I went out to check they do unscrew from the arm. With some washers for the bottom side of the aluminum arm you might be able to use them.

Last edited:

Topher

suspension?

I think the opening in the aluminum one is too large and therefore the part would just flop around.Besides who[not I]wants to halfass things when it should be made to work before it is sold.Let's see it fixed properly and I will be happy.For the time being I have put the plastic back on so I can run it safely.On another note I managed to finally get the aluminum rollbar in as none of the stock bolts and screws were long enough,thanks Fastenal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts