• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Lower Suspension Arms :) ?

Silent_chaos

Hey Doug,

well, the project is complete, Loved the chassis and the housing, they're perfectly built! you can check the thread with the latest pics. but there's always room for improvement :D

1 thing I noticed is that the car is very tough now, everything is being handled greatly. but while driving you can see that the lower suspension arms are the car's weakest point now since they are bending and twisting a lot due to the fact that everything else on the car is AL.

I was wondering if you are going to fabricate any solid 7075 AL rear and front lower susp Arms anytime soon. I'll be your 1st customer.

Silent_chaos

1 crucial thing I'd like to point out here is that if you notice carefully, while steering the car, the steering links are hitting the plastic on which the sway bar holds on to. this is giving me a lot of hard times, It's like I am cursed to limited steering degree.

The ways to overcome this is either to completely remove the sway bar or reduce the angle of rotation of the steering servo which will affect your steering capabilities and efficient cornering (my servo already down to 50% and it sucks) :(

It would be really nice if you come out with a design to overcome this, maybe push the place of the small axe on which the plastic of the sway bar holds onto to about 1/2"-3/4" forward (for it to be nearer to the shocks). (check pic marked arrow in red) (just an opinion). of course, it will be Great you can come out with another solution.

This will give the steering links (mine's are DGI which is 1.5cm in Diameter much thicker than stock) the freedom to rotate without hitting that stupid plastic.

you can always make it optional on the checkout. but if you implement it, trust me it will be good for everybody in the long run. the only modification left for us to do is to trim 0.5 cm from from each side of the sway bar

(note that ofcourse, this is only happening to the front. )

Last edited by a moderator:

rampage idiot

Silent_chaos said:
1 crucial thing I'd like to point out here is that if you notice carefully, while steering the car, the steering links are hitting the plastic on which the sway bar holds on to. this is giving me a lot of hard times, It's like I am cursed to limited steering degree.The ways to overcome this is either to completely remove the sway bar or reduce the angle of rotation of the steering servo which will affect your steering capabilities and efficient cornering (my servo already down to 50% and it sucks) :(

It would be really nice if you come out with a design to overcome this, maybe push the place of the small axe on which the plastic of the sway bar holds onto to about 1/2"-3/4" forward (for it to be nearer to the shocks). (check pic marked arrow in red) (just an opinion). of course, it will be Great you can come out with another solution.

This will give the steering links (mine's are DGI which is 1.5cm in Diameter much thicker than stock) the freedom to rotate without hitting that stupid plastic.

you can always make it optional on the checkout. but if you implement it, trust me it will be good for everybody in the long run. the only modification left for us to do is to trim 0.5 cm from from each side of the sway bar

(note that ofcourse, this is only happening to the front. )
That is one of the reasons I made mine out of 3/8 rather than 1/2

Silent_chaos

rampage idiot said:
Nice! I'm counting on Ol'fart.

I hope he can provide a solution without affecting the stability of the car

G

That's strange that they hit. I have the IRP versions on mine. They clear by at least 1/8 inch. The hex on the IRP is actually 1mm larger than the DGI version. I have both. ;)

G

rampage idiot said:
Those are nice!

Silent_chaos

RCDAD said:
That's strange that they hit. I have the IRP versions on mine. They clear by at least 1/8 inch. The hex on the IRP is actually 1mm larger than the DGI version. I have both. ;)
that's weird:confused: :confused:

Silent_chaos

rampage idiot said:
Boy that is strange that rcdad has that much clearance and you do not????
maybe because the bearing holder's arm in which the screw of the steering link goes in has a wider angle. it all depends on manufacturing. RCdad's is 7075rc, mine is Stock AL upgrade.

BertR

I had to remove the sway bar on mine aswell .. I wore a big flat spot on both L/R links from grinding on the swaybar mount on the lower sus arm. I figured that maybe the swaybar was too long and forced it too close to the stearing links

BertR

OK I took a look at the swaybar and found that it is bent inward and causing the rub.... Bend it back outwards and it will give plenty of room for working rarts. I now have 3/16 clearance. Try this and see if it helps

G

I have had to straighten and or replace the sway bar a few times. LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts