• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Lost Dog Bone Pin

lancier

It seems we are losing quite a number of dogbone pins on our rampages. :( Can one loctite or super glue the pins to the dogbones to prevent them coming out? Or is there a better way to ensure the pins stay on?

noyb98098

lancier said:
It seems we are losing quite a number of dogbone pins on our rampages. :( Can one loctite or super glue the pins to the dogbones to prevent them coming out? Or is there a better way to ensure the pins stay on?
I hear that using the green loctite works well. I just ordered another stock set of dog bones along with some boots and axle grease. Hopefully this will be the final repair. :rolleyes:

RampageHopUps

Green loctite will be fine. Or if you want to push the pin out, you can use Red to put it back in. The MCD dogbones are a direct fit.

noyb98098

Well due to the dog bone breaking the joint cup on the right side of the rear diff broke as well.. Having seen a few threads on broke joints I wanted to know how hard they are to replace? Do I need to purchase some diff lube as well to put back in there?

Garrett

quick easy fix for dogbone pins falling out is to shrink some heat shrink tubing over the drive cups. Seams to have worked for me so far.

Chaos

Which pins are we talking about here, the pins that HOLD the drive cup to the diff? or the pins in the end of the dog bones them selves? i havent had grief with either yet..i was expecting some issues once i bolted in the new engine, but it held up to the gravel pit very well this weekend...so please post up some pictures please, but i guess shrink tube would cover both areas anyways.

Gas Jocky

There is or was a problem with the pins inside the diffs busting, I think from on power landings. I never broke one but most guys where supplied with upgraded pins to fix the problem. I did have dogbone pins come out till I took them out, abrazed the surface slightly and reinstalled with red loctite, then put heavy duty heat shrink on the cups. Haven't had one come out since

noyb98098

Gas Jocky said:
There is or was a problem with the pins inside the diffs busting, I think from on power landings. I never broke one but most guys where supplied with upgraded pins to fix the problem. I did have dogbone pins come out till I took them out, abrazed the surface slightly and reinstalled with red loctite, then put heavy duty heat shrink on the cups. Haven't had one come out since
Nice idea, you mind posting a pic of that? Just want to see if it's better than what I'm doing; which is using the boots off the baja, red loctite, and some axle grease.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts