• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

loss of traction

al240

Hi guys, any idea why I have lost traction to my rear wheels? All screws seem tight. Is there anything I should look at in the rear diff? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

chapinb

Need more details.

Do the rear tires provide power? Any off sounds? Does the other wheel turn if you hold one? The front operates normally? With motor off, is there any resistance pushing the car or spinning the rear tires in opposit directions?

BertR

Lock up the breaks and push the car with the front lifted off the ground....if the rear rolls its a drive cup from center back! If it rolls with a clunck grind noise its the drive pinion in the rear diff housing that has gone to poo.

al240

Hi guys, so this is what I tried. I locked up the breaks, lifted the front and the back wheels draged across the floor. Placed it wheeks off the ground, put break on turned one wheel and the other turned opposite direction.When I turn a back wheel with the break off front wheels turn, but opposite back wheel is still.

When I turn a back wheel there is not much resistance.

al240

So, what next? Do I take the diff appart and have a look to see what is happening in side?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.