• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Losi enters the big boy arena

cordy

Losi is comming out with a 1/5th in early october. 26cc,4wd,spektrum radio,telermentery. Verry expensive $1599.Short course body thier calling it a 5t. I would buy 3 redcats for that price.

krebidoux

i agree but the redcat ain't put together like that. never been a fan of losi but the 8ight is an incredible buggy and the new losi is set up on the same platform. the only thing i don't like about it is there seems to be no room to upgrade the air filter.

rcgasser

Lol I agree and with that amount of money you will still have to get you a radio or use you spectrum if you already have one. Looks pretty cool though.

XBENOOB

Nitro RCX . com has just released 1/5 scale electric short course as well...

Two different price sets... $659.99 and $319.99.. The $659.99 one is an upgrade of the 319.99 one. Also, It has a 150 amp ezrun hobbywing esc.. 6S capable...

csp1971

Contributor
I'm not that impressed. Probably because it would end up being another money pit for me like the Baja. I'm not doing that again. For what I do, which is just jacking around out in a field, I'll stick with my Redcats and Baja.

Spektrum.....ugh.

Deluge

Interesting. I like how the body is assembled with individual panels, and the cage looks functional. The chassis looks well thought out and clean. Losi completely bit the 5T name, though. I'd buy one.

ImminentFailure

The 8ight is an absolutely beautiful piece of engineering in form and factor. Seems like they are capitalizing where HPI failed. Remember the Baja forums blowing up when the 5sc was coming out, and it turned out that it was going to be a 2wd after all.

You pop the body of the 5sc, and it looks like a 5T. Not the best SC layout. This thing looks like a blown up traxxas slash, which as we know is a successful platform.

Price is defo up there compared to redcat, but their competition is with HPI much more than Redcat. If you are going to blow 1200 on a 5sc 2wd wanna be SC, or get this losi??

I see much success with this platform as the 4x4 demand is there IMO. Lack of After market support like the Baja line has is its biggest enemy as it enters the field. Losi would be wide to have upgrade parts fielded because people in the pricey 1/5 scale club want hop ups like mad, and they want to customize their rig.

DemonRC

Take a good look again. It's not a blown up slash. It's a blown up 8ight. It has all the features of an 8ight. See the offset driveline and the way it comes into the side of the rear diff? That's pure 8ight right there. Hell, even the radio box and servos are setup the same.

Notice the engine placement. The engine rotation no longer counteracts the rotation of the tires. This will be totally controllable in the air. Also, notice the brake bias? That means it's got a true center diff.

chassis1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

They should've included the alloy rear brace as standard. The 8ight flexed alot back there with the plastic brace. This one is gonna flex like a wet noodle in the rear.

Bill_G

I have to say I'm impressed with it, but not the price. And...why didn't anybody else think to build one like this.

I think the worst part about how the engine sits is the air filter and exhaust port placement, but I like the layout. We'll see how long it takes for the price to come down.

LightForce

Looks like rear dominator for 5B might fit as a tuned side pipe :) before tuners make one.

BTW I like it but It`s too expensive for me right now.

CHOOPS

I like the roll cage and body. Do you think it will be able to be mounted to a rampage chassis. Is the wheelbase the same?

Steve

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts