• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Losi 5IVE-T

amstel78

Anyone have one? I was searching online for tires for my XB when I came across the Losi 5IVE-T. It looks amazing. It's also 3 times more expensive than the XB. Still... I thought to myself when I saw it, I gotta have it.

Man I feel like a kid again. :D

jtphillips23

I have one. It's a tough machine but for the money I believe u could build 2 badass xb's that would be bad to the bone. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun truck but lots of money invested. Prob. Close to 2500 with dual servo setup engine and pipe alone.

GTS 666

jtphillips23 said:
I have one. It's a tough machine but for the money I believe u could build 2 badass xb's that would be bad to the bone. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun truck but lots of money invested. Prob. Close to 2500 with dual servo setup engine and pipe alone.
The platform is nice I would like one too but I wouldn't even bother running it without a modded motor and pipe.

G

GTS 666 said:
The platform is nice I would like one too but I wouldn't even bother running it without a modded motor and pipe.
Yep, she is a big and heavy one.

amstel78

How's the parts support system for the 5IVE-T? I'm assuming as good or better than Redcat since it's Losi?

Obeast44

Banned
Been there, done that, not for me. Aftermarket support is improving everyday for the Losi, its damn near getting Baja like.

My take on the Losi, its big, its heavy, jumps great, soaks up jumps like a boss, handles surprisingly well and is very well built. My gripes about the truck? Steering servos...I burned 3 up at Powerjam. Damn near impossible to start/tune with body on (I have big hands). Body removal is a bitch, especially with a Reed motor. Price, you pay for that size and durability.

Would I buy another? Not unless it was a helluva deal.

G

It's pretty good and getting better. A positive is that wheels and tires are interchangeable with the Baja.

jtphillips23

Here's mine. It has a good many upgrades and is awesome on off road course but dang it is heavy and slow on an oval. Like obeast said it will take a beating but you still have to put a lot of money into it from stock. Kind of like irp sais. It's a crap load of money and he is wanting to prove that an xb can be just as good for around a 1000 bucks. Thinking of possibly getting rid of mine.

G

It always nice to see the painted ones. There are too many zebras out there.

Us66xb

RCDAD said:
It always nice to see the painted ones. There are too many zebras out there.
Its still a zebra until I get the extra money for a new body, but I added a rear window and deck lid made out of about $2 worth of scrap lexan and did my own decals on my vinyl cutter for something a little different. The rear window flips up for starting. Plenty of quality parts support options and aftermarket is growing rapidly. Except for BODIES!

G

Deck lid looks looks cool! Looks like it came with the truck.

Wish I had a vinyl cutter.

jtphillips23

RCDAD said:
I just want them all! LOL
Haha. That's my problem. I have 2 5b, an xb, an mt, a 5ive and a 5t. With a 2 yr old kid there is definitely not enuff time to keep them all up the way I would like to. Just hard to decide what I wasn't to get rid of.

amstel78

Well I was never really interested in the Baja. I wanted something with 4 wheel drive. The XB was my cheap ticket in to the large scale club. Now that I've seen the Losi, the scale appearance really sold me on that truck. I think i'm going to get one.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts