• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Loose head question?

Evildomain

Contributor
I ran my truck for the first time a couple days ago. It lasted about 10 minutes

before a shock shaft broke. I guess it turned out to be a good thing because

I noticed the head was loose when I removed the fuel tank(leaking).

My question is how would that have affected the performance of the truck

for the few minutes it was running? What difference will there be once I get

it running again with the head properly mounted and torqued? Thanks

wicks-redcat

Banned
that happend to me the difference sometimes it wont turn on power lose will not run at full power use permatex sealer on the gasket and put red lock tie on the cylinder bolts and it will not loose up againg

Sprint 77

Contributor
wicks-redcat said:
that happend to me the difference sometimes it wont turn on power lose will not run at full power use permatex sealer on the gasket and put red lock tie on the cylinder bolts and it will not loose up againg
I agree , make sure you use Permatex 309 or equivalant sealer which is for case halves NOT a silicone based blue or orange goo cr#*p .

hamster huey

Sometimes on a newly put together head the bolts loosen on the first tank. Retighten them after the first and check after the second. I have never blown a blue paper gasket so I recommend them but I have only tried blue and black. Its just time anyways if you want to experiment the gaskets are so cheap when they fail.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.