• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Link rods.....wow!!!!

bigfol

Got these from DGIracing.com (Redcat forum sponsor) they are heavier than stock, but that does not worry me in the slightest.......with my driving style:D Wicked!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

bigfol

Your telling me, I couldn't believe the size of the the things when i got them out of the box, but I have no regrets they look awesome all fitted up and I 'll never break them that's for sure, easy to adjust as well.....

Knuckles

Are you running 7075 bearing carriers? I found the rear links are kind of sloppy, and the Heim joints don't clear the cap screw heads up front on the upper links. Let me know how yours mount up. The plastic spacer for the outer parts has alot of slop, I have a email into DGI to see if I am missing anything.

bigfol

Knuckles said:
Are you running 7075 bearing carriers? I found the rear links are kind of sloppy, and the Heim joints don't clear the cap screw heads up front on the upper links. Let me know how yours mount up. The plastic spacer for the outer parts has alot of slop, I have a email into DGI to see if I am missing anything.
Yep I'm running with 7075's bearing carriers, not problems fitting mine up no slop at all, mine came with a small metal tube/sleeve as well as the plastic inserts, maybe thats what your missing........ ;)

Knuckles

Ok, on the rear outer you have a small plastic piece as well as a metal sleeve? I only have a plastic one. Next, are you running 7075 c hubs and carriers? The Heim joint does not clear the bolt head that holds the c hub and carrier together on mine. Something is wrong. Will have some time tomorrow to mess with it more.

bigfol

Knuckles said:
Ok, on the rear outer you have a small plastic piece as well as a metal sleeve? I only have a plastic one. Next, are you running 7075 c hubs and carriers? The Heim joint does not clear the bolt head that holds the c hub and carrier together on mine. Something is wrong. Will have some time tomorrow to mess with it more.
I haven't had the time to hook up the front yet, but I will have a look tonight and yes I have 7075 front c hubs and carriers, I hope they fit... :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

bigfol

Knuckles said:
Looks like you'll need to shave/file down the metal ridge round the top of the hemi joint to make it fit the C cup, I'm going to leave my plastic arms on and replaced the rod and end joint with a IRP joint, might have to mod the joining rod to make it fit, but I want to have one weak point up the front.......

bigfol

Knuckles said:
I have just taken a good long look at these links, I'm a very disappointed with the front links, the plastic spacers are a very lose fit, the links themselves are heavy duty, but the mount spacers leave a lot to be desired, I'm going to replace the plastic spacers with some carbon tube, from what I can tell 6mm O.D X 4MM ID carbon tube cut to size with a washer on either side should sort it out, but its disappointing I have to do this mod in the first place, should have paid the freight and gone with IRP...... :rolleyes:

Knuckles

I don't want to talk bad about a product, but a little more r&d should have went into the sleeves to make them fit properly. Going to contact them again. Will let you know how it goes.

Motakitty

I was thinking of getting these but I might not now, thanks for the info

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts