• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Lets Get a headcount

Lets Get a headcount

• Gearplate (bearings, gears,etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wheels (tires, foam, rim)

• Differential

• Bearings (other than the gearplate)

• Engine/Exhaust

• Total voters

bbuzzard

Contributor
rob64n said:
since I have the prototypes what kind of bearings come in the production cars, mine have rubber seals and I have yet to have a problem with bearings. if you are having bearing issues, I say deal with it, and buy the upgrade bearings from largescalerc.com You can't expect top notch bearings in any RTR. No matter what brand you buy.
I beg to differ, they don't have to be top notch but not unreliable. I have had bearings go bad on the gearshafts but that took a while. I have many other RTR cars that haven't had this problem.

Plus, I thought Darin was looking into replacing those bearings with something better. They don't need to be Bocas (that is what I am going to run whenever my wheel bearings go bad) but something spec'd with rubber seals.

nitrohobbiest

I partially agree with both of you. You can't expect a company to use top notch bearings and still charge what they charge. However, it might be nice to have a little quality control on any parts released with an rtr vehicle. Most who buy these trucks can't afford a high priced 5th scale. But at the same time, they can't afford to fix them constantly either. There needs to be a balance between form, function, reliability, and overall cost to own and operate. Right now, I see these being too inexpensive which relates to lower quality parts. I would much rather spend a little more upfront, and then just enjoy the darn thing for while.

Just a little food for thought, bearings need to be maintained. They can't be left contaminated with the harsh debris that we drive them through, and then continue to drive on them that way. Quality bearings or not, they won't survive. I also want to point out that my diff broke within minutes of driving... the bearings still turned smooth and there wasn't enough run time to get them hot.

foxys

Honestly every RTR I've ever bought, Associated, Losi, HPI, all of them, throw the servos and the bearings away, their junk. I managed to run my XB with the Hexfly servo for 4 gallons of fuel before the servo tanked, but that was pure luck...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts