• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Kraken RC Billet Vent Cap Replacement for Snappy RC fuel kit 5B/5T/5SC

ChuenouXiao

I have one of these installed into one of my snappy gormet. My question is, how do I know its really venting my gas tank? How does it work or how is it design? My other is question is how deep should the fuel line from the vent cap go into the fuel tank? So far I didn't put the fuel line that deep because its purpose is to vent right? If I have a fuel tank... will it still vent even if the fuel line is partial submerge?

Deluge

If you're not collapsing the tank and stalling out, it's doing what it's supposed to do. The vent line doesn't need to be deep. Maybe about half an inch in.

Last edited by a moderator:

rcgasser

Deluge said:
If you're not collapsing the tank and stalling out, it's doing what it's supposed to do. The vent line doesn't need to be deep. Maybe about half an inch in.
+1 yes its doing its job also you will not here a hissing noise when you release the gas cap.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
With my kraken vent installed do I need to block my stock gas cap because it has a really small hole in the gas cap

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Yes. Seal it up with some Seal-All. Or enlarge the hole a bit and plug it up with a set screw.
Yes, was considering set screw mod. Thanks Deluge... you are the man!!!

ChuenouXiao

I notice from some quick runs.... my Kraken Billet Vent cap spits out gas... is this normal? I don't like it cause it messy... any fix? Or should I just aim it into an area where spitting gas don't matter? Please help....

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
If you fill the tank completely, it'll spit a little. Just route it so it doesn't gunk up the chassis.
K... will do Deluge. Will post more question here. Please check back for I will update here if I have any problem. Thank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts