• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Killer Bee V2 work with stock 2.4 Ghz radio?

Loud72

Will the killer bee v2 work with the stock Redcat 2.4 Ghz radio using a Y-adapter on one of the 2 channels or should I just get a 3 channel radio? I'm looking at the Airtronics MX3-Sport and the Spektrum DX3E which are the same price new versus a Futaba 3PM which is more expensive but is it worth it? I just ordered my Dune Runner and am trying to get everything I need in order to run in loose dirt....

Regards,

Loud72

Obeast44

Banned
pb2themax said:
I have never tested the redcat radio, so I can't say for sure.
But I do know that the HPI 2.4ghz radio will not work with any kill switches. Bummer. Hopefully the redcat radio is not the same.

I'll pay for the shipping if you want to send your radio to me and let me test it.

Thanks,

Kent

[email protected]
Thats why I back Kent's producsts 100%. Im still running his original PB2themax killswitch without worry :)

lightning73

Congrats on your Dune Runner purchase Loud. I hope you have as much fun with it, as i have been having with my MT. The Rampage has impressed me from day one of ownership!....Good luck with your new D/R Loud!

Loud72

Thank You lightning and Thank You Kent for personally responding to my question. I should receive the DR sometime this week. I will contact you once I have it. I am planning on upgrading the stock servos, air filter and clutch spring to start off and If the stock radio can be used than that's money I can use towards a good pipe.

Regards,

Loud72

Loud72

Well I went ahead and bought the Killer Bee V2 and it seems to work with the stock DSC 2.4 Ghz radio.. Kinda sorta.... Seems kinda glitchy...More to come later as I break in my Dune Runner.....This thing is a huge beast!

Loud72

Martin

Since day one in RC transmitter/receiver, all receiver work the same way till today, this is a standard PWM pulse to make the servo running.

Any kill switch should work with almost any radio/receiver combo, exept that if you have a built in fail safe, you need a kill switch programmed with a delay to stay ''OFF'' for a few second no matter if the fail safe kick in or not.

And finally, 2 or 3 channel, (w/wo delay) again this is different in the range of the input pwm they are programmed...........

I bought some basic pico swith with some 12F675 microcontroler chip and I make my own program to make it run on my two channel radio/receiver.

It can also be made with an old servo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts