• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

killer b

bigboysrctoys

Ok so having an issue with the kill switch, its shutting the car down as soon as it starts or just as it starts. Worked good at first. Put both switches in bypass and still does it. Any suggestions before I rip it out n send it back?

bigboysrctoys

Yeap even replaced batteries j I c. Ive noticed it was random shutdowns but thot it was vapor lock since I havent done the vent mod yet.

Guantanamo Joe

I don't know, I have not had a switch failure... I have had one on my dunerunner for about 3-4 months and just put one on my new MT the other day... Hopefully someone smarter will chime in. What kind of controller are you using?

Guantanamo Joe

Question for you and your flysky... I had a problem when I first put my bee in the dunerunner because I did not know the start sequence.

For me, I turn on my controller, then turn on my receiver... wait 5 seconds, then hit the 3rd channel switch to activate the bee... then wait 5 more seconds to start the engine.

Do you have to do this too? I would have thought the bee was just "on" when you turned on the reciever. Not an issue now that I know how the hell to do it, but man was I mad the day I put it in and couldnt figure out how to start my car... :D

bigboysrctoys

Never had to do this, I did notice if I shut down using the radio and b and shut everything off when I turn it back on I have to push 3rd channel to get it to start mode. right now I turn everything on the b goes green pull cord just as engine starts b kicks in n kills it then goes right back to green. I was thinking ok glitch so I bypassed glitch with the #2 dip same issue. So put both dips in #2 (bypass) and no change. Really odd

Guantanamo Joe

sure enough... and I am not saying you would... but any company would want their product to satisfy, no matter if someone was trashing them or not... know what I mean?

I cant stand people who take my leatherwork and complain about how it was made... especially when it is made to their exact specifications (usually against my advice). I make a lot of gun belts and I know a lot about western holsters and belts= but some new guy allways thinks he wants his to be a certain way no matter how much I explain why it wont work. In the end, I refuse a lot of work just because I don't want a customer talking trash about something he ordered to be screwed up in the first place (does that make sense?)

bigboysrctoys

I kno what u mean, some people are just never happy no matter what u do for them. When it comes to powder coating I can usually tell up front what they are going to expect n if I feel its going to be a hassle I send them away.

Guantanamo Joe

exactly... which is why I hate it when my wife takes a leather order for me, because I can get a lot better idea of a persons character than she does when it comes to this stuff... she just sees that they have money and she wants to help me out... ha ha ha

Deluge

Even if you bypass the glitch kill, it'll still kill the engine if you have low voltage, or power loss. Sounds like you could have a loose connection somewhere. Try bypassing the power switch, just hook the battery up to the RX directly. I've seen bad switches cause issues with the kill switch.

Also, when you changed the settings, did you power cycle the switch so it'll save them?

bigboysrctoys

Yes #1 position is enabled #2 is disabled, the only time you cycle is to adjust the voltage or glitch sensetivity. According to directions if #1 and #2 switches are in the #2 position it bypasses all. The switch will still funtion manually but the glitch and voltage protection will not.

Deluge

Looks like you have to cycle it if you change the dip positions, as well.

SuperBee Instructions

With the two dips down, Aux is disabled, as well as the glitch kill. It still kills the engine if you lose power, if you have low voltage, or if engine temp gets too high.

bigboysrctoys

Voltage is fine and no temp sensor installed im guessing its going into the 5 second kill as the lights are flashing red and green. Whats the 5 sec kill for?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts