• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

kill switch engaging again

jonathan13

I redid the failsafe so that in the event of something going wrong it will go to neutral instead of applying the brakes and it has now been sitting for 10 minutes and the red light has not came on, but it is solid green which it never did before. What is the functionality of the LED lights? What means what as far as solid green versus no light on?

Edit: now the green LED is off again, but still no red.

Edit 2: and now it is red again.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonathan13

I am about to give up. I don't know what else to do.

I'm about to just run without a kill switch and deal with a totaled truck if it runs away because I'm not able to have any fun with it so right now it's wasted money. If I at least get to drive it and then it runs away and gets demolished at least I got to drive it and got some use out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonathan13

It's actually an RCD switch from the PitStop. I will probably send it back to Dad after I take it off and let him do some testing on it and see if there is anything wrong. I personally don't think it's the switch, but I don't understand why other people are able to unplug the servos and have the switch not engage since mine does when they are unplugged.

andyken

...another test, try plugging the batt into the rec direct, bypass the on/off switch?

Do you have another 6v batt to test with?

Are you also using the stock fail safe?

jonathan13

I was using the stock failsafe and had it set to apply brakes. I redid that so now it just goes to neutral. I don't have another 6v but it might be worth getting a 5000 anyway for more run time. I will test bypassing the on/off switch today.

G

Does it do that with the engine off?

G

The external failsafe should never be used. The receiver has a built in failsafe.

jonathan13

Well I was using the failsafe built into the transmitter/receiver as well as my kill switch. The failsafe wouldn't happen until the kill switch had stopped the engine, then the failsafe would kick in and apply the brakes. I have readjusted the failsafe so that it doesn't do anything when the truck turns off, but is there a way to completely do away with the failsafe?

G

jonathan13 said:
Well I was using the failsafe built into the transmitter/receiver as well as my kill switch. The failsafe wouldn't happen until the kill switch had stopped the engine, then the failsafe would kick in and apply the brakes. I have readjusted the failsafe so that it doesn't do anything when the truck turns off, but is there a way to completely do away with the failsafe?
No need to do that. It's just the external unit that causes the problems. Mostly because there is one in the receiver, and you end up with them fighting each other.

reppairman540

Have You Checked The Wires Where They Are Attached

to The Manual Kill Switch? On The One I Have The Wires Were

Twisted Around The Connector Solder These Connections see if It Helps

jonathan13

I did double check those and they SEEMED okay. I'm gonna send it back to PitStop and have him take a look at it since he is much more qualified than myself. I wouldn't know what I was looking for if there was something wrong with the kill switch.

G

I'll take a look at it. :)

PrjctStrtFrce

jonathan13 said:
I redid the failsafe so that in the event of something going wrong it will go to neutral instead of applying the brakes and it has now been sitting for 10 minutes and the red light has not came on, but it is solid green which it never did before. What is the functionality of the LED lights? What means what as far as solid green versus no light on?Edit: now the green LED is off again, but still no red.

Edit 2: and now it is red again.
I too am wondering what the LEDs indicate...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts