• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

It's Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kryptonite

yours must have been on the same truck as mine. he said he was mailing it out on tuesday!! hopefully thursday or friday. already got most of my hop-ups for now. just waiting on my rig..

prostock

Nice!

All,

I have to say is BIG!

I will post some pic's next week after I get done with my upgrade install.

BRC :D

prostock

Testing pics!!!

DSCF0441 (2).JPG

/monthly_2009_01/583c6054702e8_DSCF0441(2).JPG.432d73cf992f03d5d8912cdc065916ab.JPG

prostock

Ok don't know why it's not coming out clear? some help please!

DSCF0441 (3).JPG

/monthly_2009_01/583c605472798_DSCF0441(3).JPG.1fbf2ee124918d70197095b706887fe9.JPG

prostock

Clubin said:
Congrats prostock. I want to see some pictures before you change everything.
Ok Clubin,To late I took the roll cage off already! A big thank you to Frank and Pete at Pro5thscale the best guys for 5th scale!BRC :) Rear.JPG

Side.JPG

Wheel.JPG

Front.JPG

Bottom.JPG

/monthly_2009_01/Rear.JPG.ce8990aaba3b5d75865984b8a569d654.JPG

/monthly_2009_01/Side.JPG.01e6e3936d24fdbc81058ce7b838e28e.JPG

/monthly_2009_01/Wheel.JPG.25e091e213069fcf310f4c16a5bb8f3b.JPG

/monthly_2009_01/Front.JPG.824543bc5f01e9f4e63235db2e4008d4.JPG

/monthly_2009_01/Bottom.JPG.f8e031927baebb4252301a451bf9156f.JPG

prostock

OK,

Let me vent; I like ventin!

The first problem is the rear diff that was not install right and most of the diff oil leaked out onto the rear of the chassis.

The gear cover? WTF you cant take it off with out disassembling the gear plate/brake.

The chrome on the wing has spots?

Ok I'm being a wise ass but the gear cover really annoys me will have to modify. Already rebuilt the rear diff and polished the chrome wing. I love this thing cant stop looking at it!

Clubin

Banned
prostock said:
OK,
Let me vent; I like ventin!

The first problem is the rear diff that was not install right and most of the diff oil leaked out onto the rear of the chassis.

The gear cover? WTF you cant take it off with out disassembling the gear plate/brake.

The chrome on the wing has spots?

Ok I'm being a wise ass but the gear cover really annoys me will have to modify. Already rebuilt the rear diff and polished the chrome wing. I love this thing cant stop looking at it!

You think that diff is hard to access? Try gettting one out of a MCD that'll piss you off, I guarantee. I had a few thing that weren't exactly rite, but when I seen that stuff I remembered what I payed for it. You're worried about spots? Take that thing out and beat it.

prostock

Clubin,

I was just being facetious about the spots! The front and rear diff's are easy to get to it's the drive gear cover that's a pain to off.

A beating she will receive once I get some nice weather here!

BRC

jaysyourhandyman

Clubin said:
You think that diff is hard to access? Try gettting one out of a MCD that'll piss you off, I guarantee. I had a few thing that weren't exactly rite, but when I seen that stuff I remembered what I payed for it. You're worried about spots? Take that thing out and beat it.
i agree, if you have read the other posts at this forum

it need to be closely checked

but when you get done...the hardest thing will be getting the smile off your face

Last edited by a moderator:

mooman007uk

Banned
I totally disassembled mine and fitted the upgrade kit on rebuild, didn't have the right diff oil so had to do the diffs again...can be done in place just loosened the screws on the blue plates to tip them up a touch...i can get my clear plastic gearplate off in place, i put it on with everything mounted, the centre diff is a bugger though...carb has to come off first.

emu67

So that's what they look like clean. Mine hasn't looked clean since it was deflowered 2 days after I received it in the mail.

I second the need to rebuild the thing. Seems the chinese fellers haven't heard of lock-tite since my grub screws didn't have it and 2 of my drive cups and the little square thingy in the tranny came loose.

You did read that the throttle servo is going to die on you, right? Oh don't forget to put shoe goo around the corners of the body to prevent it from ripping when you wreck it.

prostock

Thanks,

I have always built my own kits and sine the RTR thing I rebuild those as well. I like this buggy it's solid with miner issues.

The stock t/b servo is gone already and the st servo will go when I receive my Futaba.

No goo for me I like driving on all 4 wheels! lol!!!

BRC

RampageHopUps

If you take a small amount off the chassis, where the gear cover hits, you can get the gear cover off without taking anything else off. I thought there was a picture on here somewhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts