• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

It's finished (4 now)!!

Robertm235

My rampage is complete for the time being. I have a 30.5 oneil brothers engine, jet pro pipe, high flow air filter, HS-5985 throttle servo, baja 5b adapters with baja wheels/tires all around, aluminum gear support (great deal from Rob on that), and DX3 radio/receiver. :) Still need a better receiver battery but for the most part it's complete. Ran a full tank of fuel through it today with no problems. I do need taller gears with the smaller tires. The motor runs great. It will spin ALL 4 tires taking off!! I hope I have a chance to race it soon against all the Baja's at the track. I will keep you posted. I was a little concerned with the gears holding up to all the newly added power but so far no problem (thanks to the aluminum support). I have about $1300 invested so far and it will eat most baja's for lunch (I can say that because I use to have a baja ss)

lancier

Great set of upgrades. Did you start out with the stock trottle servo? How is the stock steering servo holding up? I really need to know how long i can run on the stock servos setup before upgrading. Having a runaway scenario due to a failed trottle servo is something i want to avoid at all cost. :(

noyb98098

lancier said:
Great set of upgrades. Did you start out with the stock trottle servo? How is the stock steering servo holding up? I really need to know how long i can run on the stock servos setup before upgrading. Having a runaway scenario due to a failed trottle servo is something i want to avoid at all cost. :(
I wouldnt wait to long on either the throttle servo or the steering, my friend just had both die within days of one another.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertm235

The throttle servo is JUNK, get rid of it! I have not had a problem with the steering servo yet. It actually has been working pretty darn good! When it breaks I will replace it. Until then its powerful and fast enough to swing the tires without a problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts