• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Issue with my XT center diff noise when rolling

brio

I just noticed today a somewhat grinding noise when my Xt is running, actually I hear it as it slows down from high speed or speeds up from a standstill. I checked the center diff gear and the inner teeth look a tad grinded but I've only got about 3 tanks on it and I havent been driving too hard. I can't believe that center diff gear could wear so fast. Any you guys experience this? Here's a link to a vid of the noise. Tell me if it sounds abnormal. I'm questioning it because it didnt always sound like this initially. Thanks.

[ame]

[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

rcgasser

Yes it diffidently sounds abnormal to me. I am so sorry I can not help you with this because I have not had any problems with mine. Some of the professional on this forum will chime in real soon.

brio

Lightforce.... do u mean the center diff gear 30T? If so, what's the best way to get to that gear? Do I need to remove the engine? I'm new to the Xt and 5th scales on a whole.

brio

Lightforce, u were right on point with this. I got to the center diff gear and the screws were half way out. Put some thrdlock on them and tightened. Thanx a lot man.

LightForce

brio said:
Lightforce, u were right on point with this. I got to the center diff gear and the screws were half way out. Put some thrdlock on them and tightened. Thanx a lot man.
Ok Good no damage done yet to the gears?

brio

Well, doesn't seem to be much damage but close examination I saw some grinding on the teeth of the center difff gear. Sounds much smoother now tho. Hopefully it's ok

rcgasser

rcgasser said:
Yes it diffidently sounds abnormal to me. I am so sorry I can not help you with this because I have not had any problems with mine. Some of the professional on this forum will chime in real soon.
I told you there was some professional on this forum Great job lightforce now I learned something new. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts