• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Is this the sign of bad wheel bearings?

Keith81

The left front wheel leaning in and seems loose... Bad wheel bearings prolly? Just replaced two on my XBE seems like the same symptoms just wanna hear it from someone else...

133d8f07.jpg

G

Could be bearings. Also worn ball ends, and check the back of the wheel to make sure it's not wallowed out.

If it wobbles when it spins, it could be a bent axel.

That's deffinately out of wack!

Keith81

it don't wobble when it moves but it leans in as you can see and its loose feeling like my xbe's wheel was when the bearings were shot in it. Wasn't like that last night now today it is, and then the lil metal link that turns the right wheel popped out so I gotta fix that too, ahhh, what a pain... Maybe I will sell this one after I fix it and trick out my tt instead, Choices, Choices... LOL

What a life, What a hobby...

k.jensen

rob64n said:
looks like lower screw in the steering knuckle came loose or fell out
yeah that was my first impression aswell. dosn't look like a bearing problem but the lower screw and the brushing that's lose or fell out

bbuzzard

Contributor
yep, the chassis looks bent. to check the bearings is easy, take the wheel off and grab the axle and see if it has play. If it is leaning that much, you should visibly see the bad bearings.

G

Did you get it figured out?

I notice you have decided to sell it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts