• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Is this common?

ChuenouXiao

Any way to fine tune the rear tire toe and camber? Please help people! The best way to do this? Although the rear tire tread wear out evenly, the rear tire seems to be miss align? I know other XB are shipped like this because my bro in law has a XB too and he has the same issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

fluxn81 said:
Take a wrench and adjust the toe links?
I think my toe is perfect cause the tread wears perfectly. The problem is the tire is pointing to the body? :D ......... :(

rcgasser

Yes I would say its your toe also need to be adjusted the only other thing i can think of is the pin at the bottom of the rear bearing holders can be bent that will make the tires go a different direction.

ChuenouXiao

rcgasser said:
Yes I would say its your toe also need to be adjusted the only other thing i can think of is the pin at the bottom of the rear bearing holders can be bent that will make the tires go a different direction.
But you have to understand my XB was shipped stock like this. I don't do any jump or bash the heck out of it.....

fluxn81

chuefengxiong said:
I think my toe is perfect cause the tread wears perfectly. The problem is the tire is pointing to the body? :D ......... :(
2db0wp4.jpg

rcgasser

chuefengxiong said:
I understand I have had plenty of rc out of the box I have had to adjust the toe on!!!!!!!!!!!

ChuenouXiao

fluxn81 said:
I believe there is only one link to adjust for both rear tires and they are for the camber only right guys?

josh's_XB

Obeast44 said:
The rears have the blocks you can use to adjust toe in/out
ey obeast44, can u provide pictures of where exactly are the blocks you meantioned? becus i cant seem to adjust mine either :) thanks

alfred e numan

this toe in you have will make your xb turn better. but- it will scrub off speed- if you want to experment, remove the 2 long bolts that hold the rear diff -metal plate that holds the a-arm pins. look at the 2 plastic inserts that are attached to the metal plate-they are offset. reverse the 2 rear offset a-arm holders- this will give you less toe in- more speed- less turning ability. the front ends black plastic a-arm pin holders are centered- no offset. best to leave these alone. only make 1 change at a time to the car. in the xb owners manual these parts are called "bushes" the part # for the "center bushes" is-07173. the part # for the off set bushes is-07126. 6 dollars for 6 bushes. this is how you tune your cars handling- example- most sand duners fun zero toe in with the hpi buggies- this is a cheap-fun way to experment on your own to find the beat handling angles for -- pavement-hard dirtwith loose sand on top-soft dirt-ect-ect---

alfred e numan

pardon my spelling- my fingers are cold- all 4 bushes on the front of your xb are center bushes. on the rear gearbox housing - the rear 2 bushes are off set. the front 2 bushes are center bushes. this provides about 4 degrees toe in- this is hard for me to explain - but do you see what i say? - its really a e-z way to set up your car- put the car on a stand and eyeball the wheels angles you get with reversing the 2 rear off set bushes- you will get the hang of tuning in record time-

Obeast44

Banned
josh said:
ey obeast44, can u provide pictures of where exactly are the blocks you meantioned? becus i cant seem to adjust mine either :) thanks
They are the little black plastic hinge pin retainers. Just flip them around or get the centered ones to select the desired toe.

ImminentFailure

Here's the center ones

http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/Redcat-Parts/07126

and here's the ones that should have come stock, which you can flip 180 degrees depending on what you want.

http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/Redcat-Parts/07179

I run 3 degree rear in on most my RC's. T4 stadium truck and slash 4x4 included. I run my short course truck with front toe-out because the longest straight section is 8 feet. I'm pretty much constantly weaving in and out of hairpins, chicanes, ect.

The biggest effect toe has on the handling of the car is on stability. When a car hits a bump or enters a corner, forces on the tires act to steer the car off to one side, making the car unstable and difficult to control. Toe-in counteracts this, improving stability. Toe-in also causes understeer during initial corner entry. Interestingly, toe on the rear wheels has the same effect on handling as toe on the front. Toe on the rear wheels is useful for tuning the handling of the car as it is exiting corners.

Front Toe "IN"

Slower steering response

More straight-line stability

Too much will casuse greater wear at the outboard edges of the tires

Front Zero Toe

Medium steering response

Minimum power loss

Minimum tire wear

Front Toe "OUT"

Quicker steering response

Less straight-line stability

Too much will cause greater wear at the inboard edges of the tires

Less Rear Toe "IN"

Less straight-line stability

Less traction out of the corner

More steering

Higher top speed

More Rear Toe "IN"

More straight-line stability

More traction out of the corner

Less steering

Less top speed

PISTOL PETE

my bajas are the same way out of the box. the rear wheels are toed in a couple degrees. it helps with handling and straight line stability as imminint and alfred say in the above posts. this factory setup will give you the best all around performance. you can tune it further for specific conditions or tracks, but this may give you undesired handling characteristics. basicaly i wouldnt try to correct this just because it looks funny, its like that for a reason. but if you are unhappy with the way it handles go ahead and play with different alignment angles untill it handles the best for your own uses

ChuenouXiao

PISTOL PETE said:
my bajas are the same way out of the box. the rear wheels are toed in a couple degrees. it helps with handling and straight line stability as imminint and alfred say in the above posts. this factory setup will give you the best all around performance. you can tune it further for specific conditions or tracks, but this may give you undesired handling characteristics. basicaly i wouldnt try to correct this just because it looks funny, its like that for a reason. but if you are unhappy with the way it handles go ahead and play with different alignment angles untill it handles the best for your own uses
Thank you for the great response. Very helpful!

XBENOOB

You have to change the bushings (part 07179) they are the offset bushings.Either change them to the center bushings, or reverse the offset.

Rear_Lower_Suspension_Arms_Assembly.jpg

Rear_Lower_Suspension_Arms_Assembly.jpg

/monthly_2011_12/Rear_Lower_Suspension_Arms_Assembly.jpg.c2d8ff458f3b7baf12218226d7386c5f.jpg

ChuenouXiao

XBENOOB said:
You have to change the bushings (part 07179) they are the offset bushings.Either change them to the center bushings, or reverse the offset.
Change? Define change....... order a offset and replace? Move it to the rear or around? Sorry kinda noob....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts