• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Is $450-500 a good price to pay for an XB-E

Keith81

was going thru my local classifieds and found a 1/5th scale package deal...

a dunerunner and a xb-e for $1100...

I sent an offer to the seller for $450 for the XB-E....

Is that or $500 to much for a used one ?

It has 5000 lipos and a 960v motor ?

Is that good ?

I am new to electric, so please explain...

Twp pics of the XBE

rampagexbe1.jpg

rampagexbe2.jpg

Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

fluxn81

I think it's a good deal for 450-500. They are around 700 brand new so if everything is in good condition, then it's worth it. Did he change the motor? Stock is 980kv.

Keith81

I think I meant to put 980kv... In the ad it lists a new motor... so maybe it is 960kv... whats the difference ? He claims its faster then his dune runner...

fluxn81

Keith81 said:
I think I meant to put 980kv... In the ad it lists a new motor... so maybe it is 960kv... whats the difference ? He claims its faster then his dune runner...
Generally, lower kv has more torque and less to speed. I'm not sure how fast a dune runner is, but a stock xbe is around 42-45 mph.

G

+1 on all advice.

Make sure you look it over real good and take it for a run. It always amuses me when I see used RCs for sale and they look dirty and beat to sh!t. It really doesn't take that muck work to get them looking good. So why wouldn't a guy get it looking as goog as possissable before he tries to sell it? It's easy to throuh in a a few hundred dollars into somebodies RTR (ready to repair). I'd rather just spend the extra money on a new one.

Keith81

Went with my gut on this one and decided NOT to get it... I have a feeling that is one BEAT UP machine... You guys are all right on this one... I'm better off buying a new one if I am going to get one.. for $200 more its well worth it..

:)

Keith81

Seller emailed me with a $400 offer to take it off his hands, I explained that it was dirty etc, he claims its just dirt from dead grass, etc and everything works 100%...

Should I buy this or spend the extra $250-300....

He's got the receipts for the 2 5000mah onyx lipo, the onyx lipo charger and the new motor...

What would you do ?

Obeast44

Banned
$400 isn't bad at all, I would pay that for sure.

Check everything out and make sure it works 100% before you purchase. I would also visually inspect the lipos for damage, puffing and signs of abuse.

ImminentFailure

You also risk him not properly putting a partial charge on his lipo for storage. Did he give you the receipt date for the batts? This is the reason we have rollers, so much room for unknown. If it's all in working order, it can be a good deal. Depending on what onyx it is, that's 80-100 right there. Maybe one of our redcat dealers on here can help you out on the price? vs. ending up a sad panda if you get ripped off. I know there's less wiggle room on inventory vs. retail price for the XBE than say XB/XT, but there's a decent margin. I had a close friend at my LHS that let me in on some of the dealer prices. Rampagehopups is still running the 7% off deal on vehicals I think, as well as team driver status.

Keith81

Going to look today will offer less depending on everything

fluxn81

The XBE is already reasonably priced. Remember, it's a 1/5 electric rc buggy. There aren't any other brands that are cheaper.

Keith81

fluxn81 said:
The XBE is already reasonably priced. Remember, it's a 1/5 electric rc buggy. There aren't any other brands that are cheaper.
That is true.

I think $400 is a fair price, if everything is in working order!

I like it cuz it comes with an extra set of wheels and that it comes iwth 5000 lipos over the stock 3600 lipos and a charger for the lipos...

We'll see...

I would love a brand new one but this might do me for the price...

:)

Keith81

So I picked it up after a very fun test drive we can call it... This thing is fast, its got a brand new stock 980kv motor in it, came with two venom group 5000mah lipos, the duratrax/onxy lipo charger and a set of stock rims and the imax blaster rims that are on it, I need new tires on the rear for the imax rims though, they are a lil chewed up. but its clean under the cover, and I just cleaned the cover off before I posted this.. But heres a pic after test driving it in the parking lot (ugh which was wet) oh well... Another new toy to clean up and HOP up...

With hop-ups being said, I was looking at the motor mount deal on 7075rc, what pinon and spur should I get for the stock motor ???

caab53ee.jpg

looks a lil rough in the picture, but I cleaned it up and its actually pretty nice now...

e62b1d54.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts