• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

installing the HPI air filter

mike.s

HI guys,

i got the HPI air filter but need some help installing it. i attached some pics and it's hitting the accelerator handle. can anyone help?

It's my first RC and first upgrade :)

mike

mike.s

well if i look at the pic do i have to cut the side of the piece that is touching the air filter?

mike.s

will it touch the body if i add this part?

mike.s

So what's the solution?

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

mike.s

hey demon,

Where did you get the servo piece that has one side to do that?

mike.s

do you have a pic?

the actual horn is not hitting your air filter?

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

mike.s said:
hey demon,Where did you get the servo piece that has one side to do that?
That's an aluminum servo horn from SWB. They are typically sold at most hobby shops. The stock plastic horns you get when you buy HiTec servos are identical but plastic. I just got the aluminum one for looks.

Also, that horn was not one sided. It was double sided. I just cut off the other side and grinded it nice and neat.

mike.s

DemonRC said:
That's an aluminum servo horn from SWB. They are typically sold at most hobby shops. The stock plastic horns you get when you buy HiTec servos are identical but plastic. I just got the aluminum one for looks.Also, that horn was not one sided. It was double sided. I just cut off the other side and grinded it nice and neat.
Do i have to change any setup when it comes to the linkage other then putting them both on one side of the arm?

ImminentFailure

You have to switch the break setup.

Stock you should have the spring, and collars with the grub screws 'forward' of the brake post(pin). That needs to be changed to be on the 'back' or trailing side of the break pin. That way when the servo rotates and pushes towards the engine to apply throttle you don't apply brake.

Stock setup the linkage applies counter clockwise motion to the brake pin, the new setup will apply clock-wise rotation to the break pin. You'll need to switch servo reversing on your radio for throttle channel.

The posted pics show the break linkage change.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts