• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

In Search of More Speed, More Power

Loud72

Does anyone have any reccomendations for a head and piston kit and carb setup for the stock HY 26cc on my DR v3 4x4. I'm running a CPI Tuned Pipe (Not big bore)? I'm looking at the Walbro WT-813 from DDM but not sure what head and piston kit would work best with my setup?

Thanks up front,

Loud72

AFC83

loud, i just dropped in the 28.5 cc kit in today, with the simple redcat tuned pipe, 8k clutch and 31/29/25/25 gears and converted to 2wd and this thing is flying its awesome. With ur CPI pipe i bet u'll be running even faster. i got a little nuts and was doing donuts with it in the middle of my street then i said i better slow down these RPM before i blow the new head and piston that hasnt been broken in yet. i ordered the head from Python....im looking into the new carb soon myself....just waiting for my OT check to come in to buy more parts hahaha

Loud72

AFC83 said:
loud, i just dropped in the 28.5 cc kit in today, with the simple redcat tuned pipe, 8k clutch and 31/29/25/25 gears and converted to 2wd and this thing is flying its awesome. With ur CPI pipe i bet u'll be running even faster. i got a little nuts and was doing donuts with it in the middle of my street then i said i better slow down these RPM before i blow the new head and piston that hasnt been broken in yet. i ordered the head from Python....im looking into the new carb soon myself....just waiting for my OT check to come in to buy more parts hahaha
Nice....Do you like the 2WD better? Are you going to compare 4x4 with that setup or just leave it?

AFC83

i like to swing the tail out on turns so i think im going to leave it 2wd....to be honest i havnt thought about running it with this setup in 4wd to compare....but now u have me thinking haha

Ictinike

AFC83, I am running mine in 4 wheel drive again, with the 28.5cc head kit it has the power to step the back end out just fine :)

I do think I will be ordering that ESP stroker kit mentioned above because I am not breaking the drive line yet..so I am not making enough power (3.75hp sounds nice)

Ictinike

pretty decent, I am happy with it, I tried to run 2wd, and it is faster, but I like the additional control of the 4wd, I do most my running in a huge parking lot, and I drift just about every turn. with the Dom pipe, this motor seems to love mid-high RPMs, so as long as I keep it up in the revs I this truck screams!

AFC83

awesome....i cant for my days off from work so i can go play with mine....but crime never stops in NYC and im the poor soul who signed up to try to clean up the mess and keep the peace....hahahaha

dunerrunnner

I have a DDM 28.5 with big stroke with a billet head, stock carb, 31,29,24,26, and converted to 2wd with a shitty pipe and let me tell you, this baby screams, on asphalt cant keep the front wheels on the asphalt.

Just set the sound to the max....LOL.

[ame]

[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

grizzledcamudgen

dunerrunnner said:
I have a DDM 28.5 with big stroke with a billet head, stock carb, 31,29,24,26, and converted to 2wd with a shitty pipe and let me tell you, this baby screams, on asphalt cant keep the front wheels on the asphalt.

Good Grief! Is that thing turbo charged?? lol

(Only on the floor models! lol)

grizzledcamudgen

dunerrunnner said:
Good Grief! Is that thing turbo charged ?? :D lol

(Only on the floor models! lol)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts