• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Im Haveing A Hard Time Staring My Rampage Xb

BIZCO-RC

i ran about two tanks on my rampage xb and now im trying to start it and it will not start anyone knows how to get this thing runing again??

Zapped

BIZCO-RC said:
i ran about two tanks on my rampage xb and now im trying to start it and it will not start anyone knows how to get this thing runing again??
Check you fuel cap vent.

k.jensen

I found a broblem on my XB. the screws that keept the airfilter + carburator attacted to the engine was a few millimeters to long so that the gaskets leaked. this meant bad airflow and more, so I shortend the screws a little bit at replaced the gaskets, and now, it starts like the first time.

but yeah, the fuel cap vent is a good idea to look at.

DemonRC

Check the obvious first by making sure your needles are correct and the plug is sparking:

1) Make sure your Low Speed needle is 1 1/8 - 1 1/4 turns out. When you start getting closer to 1 turn out the engine will idle lean and rev high. When go above 1 1/4 you are going to run really rich and will have a hard time starting and idling the car. You can also foul the plug.

2) Remove the spark plug. If it's wet, black, and has carbon buildup you most likely fouled the plug.

3) If the plug looks ok check if you are getting spark. You can do this by popping the ignition wire back on the plug. Then, touch the end of the plug to the engine head or exhaust pipe and pull the starter a few times. You should see a spark.

If your plug is good and you are getting spark and the car still won't start then you need to verify that your engine is getting fuel. Here's how I do it:

1. Remove the spark plug and clean it. Your plug should be dry.
  2. Put the plug back in, set the choke to full, and yank the pullstart a few times. You should hear it want to start within 2-4 pulls.
  3. Pull the plug back out. It should be wet.

If you stil can't start the engine at this point you need to inspect the head and carb gaskets. Head gaskets on 2 bolt motors fail all the time. I've had a 2 bolt head gasket fail on me within 10 minutes of running. That's why I only run 4 bolt motors. I would pull the engine and remove the fancover when checking the head gasket.

At this point if the car still won't start and you have fuel getting to the combustion chamber along with a plug that is sparking, I would probably say that you need to disassemble the engine and check the cylinder walls for gouging. Gouges in the wall can happen from running lean (lean seize), dirt, or faulty engine plating.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts