• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

I'm considering a OBR7.5HP will it fit and will the drive train survive?

wildstallion

Toying with the idea of getting one of these...

http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rc-car/engines/full-mod-engines/6274-7-5hp-full-mod-zenoah-30-5cc-4-bolt-losi-engine.html

Just wondering if it will move the position of the exhaust manifold, will my JetPro still mount to the frame OK? Also do you think the drive train will survive 7.5HP? And how will the engine compare to the GR320 in my DBXL? I have some 7075RC parts on route but he was out of stock on the gearboxes :(

wildstallion

RampageHopUps said:
It will move the exhaust up about 1/4" and you will be able to re-align the exhaust no problem
If its going to "move it up 1/4" \ mate will it not end up melting the top of the cage? It seem pretty close now even, infact my wife rolled it one day and there was a little melt

wildstallion

Oh and do you have a opinion on how the drive train will handle it? Currently I have a perfectly tuned stock motor with a JetPro not sure what the power is? Don't really want to get into wheelie zone power, gearbox trashing power

alfred e numan

big power engines

The running gear can handle the motor. BUT - you gotta change driving style. when the r-c becomes airborne, its best to let off on the throttle a little bit, this ltakes a huge amount of shock off the drive train when the tires make contact on dirt with lots of traction. same story running on pavement, just be gentle to the car by not jerking the throttle on & off, ease into the throttle listen to the engine carefully, when the rpm-s get high enough to lock up the clutch-- let it rip!! works for me anyways, have not broke a single drive part yet--- yet-- lol.

alfred e numan

a 4wd car will not wheelie, not off smooth surfaces. a 4wd r-c ayou get on the throttle itforces the front of the r-c downwards, yes, the front of the r-c comes up as you get on the gas- mostly cause of weight transfer, the ass end of the r-c is squatting down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.