• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

i need help please

Midnight2011

My roto starter wont work... can i use a drill and which direction do i turn the drill and how fast do i turn it.. please i have a race this weekend and cant start my buggy

Midnight2011

I tried to go clockwise nothing happened went counter clockwise it started butit was high reving high so i turned it off hope i didnt damange nothing..

Deluge

I doubt you damaged anything. How's your idle set? Could be too high. Is your throttle linkage letting the carb close? Could be stuck open, or your servo is giving it throttle. If all of those check out, you probably have an air leak. Check your head screws, make sure they're tight. The back plate on the engine is also a pretty common place where air leaks occur.

rchobby89

I use a drill to start my savage all the time put it on high and let her rip just make sure its not fluded turning over a fluded nitro is bad for the bearings

Deluge

rchobby89 said:
I use a drill to start my savage all the time put it on high and let her rip just make sure its not fluded turning over a fluded nitro is bad for the bearings
For sure! Those damn one way bearings!

alfred e numan

Yea, faceing the flywheel- it turns clock wise.- Years ago I was into hi-nitro off shore r-c- Prather hulls-deep v. I quickly learned to never rev a boat on the stand. The lowest idle possable. Toss into the river- then nail the throttle. Even running RPM rods - reving on the bank would hog out the lower connecting rod in a instant.- In a class 1 to 3 white water river I had to back off the throttle when the boat went airborne- Motocross on water- It was a kick ass good time- I used a Futaba radio- at the time it was state of the art-intended for hydro planes- this puppy had more bells and whistles than a airplane radio-- 3 rd channel linked to the high speed carb needle- you can run a hole bunch of nitro methane in a liquid cooled engine. just saying--.

Deluge

Sounds like an awesome setup! Been wanting to get back into nitro. I miss the smell and the screaming engines.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.