• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

I had no Idea!

BoostCreepr

Look at how it dwarfs the XB and XT!! its huge!! I never thought it would be so massive in size and weight!!

BoostCreepr

well i gave it a once over, charged up the battery, checked the servos, steering servo is real weak as it is the stock one, i also checked the stock throttle and everything was fine so i took it out real quick for a circle test infront of my house and about 2 minutes in the throttle tweaked and went full on and it went crazy. Luckily i was able to get back to my yard to hit the side of my house so i could kill it. replaced throttle servo with a savox i had sitting here but i also noticed the front passangers wheel was wobbly so i took it off and noticed the screw in the bottom was loose and doesn't tighten at all and backs out if u drive it. I am guessing i should goto aluminum like these. http://www.thenitrorcshop.com/shop/052004-steering-hub-2pcs/

G

BoostCreepr said:
well i gave it a once over, charged up the battery, checked the servos, steering servo is real weak as it is the stock one, i also checked the stock throttle and everything was fine so i took it out real quick for a circle test infront of my house and about 2 minutes in the throttle tweaked and went full on and it went crazy. Luckily i was able to get back to my yard to hit the side of my house so i could kill it. replaced throttle servo with a savox i had sitting here but i also noticed the front passangers wheel was wobbly so i took it off and noticed the screw in the bottom was loose and doesn't tighten at all and backs out if u drive it. I am guessing i should goto aluminum like these. http://www.thenitrorcshop.com/shop/052004-steering-hub-2pcs/
The plastic steering knuckles are known for that problem right out of the box. Definitely get a set of the aluminum versions.

BoostCreepr

the car came with the FG front Disc brakes installed but not hooked up to the servo.. i have no idea how they work and not sure if i want to remove them or try and figure it out.. the car stops fine with the stock braking system imo.

BoostCreepr

searching around seems to get me no where. The price on the aluminum replacements are 35.99 but when i select shipping its over 130 bucks!! Are there any other state side carriers?? i also need to pickup a front bumper foam and currently searching for a manual too lol

G

I can get some of the parts in. Shoot me a PM of what you want. I'll check availability and get you a price.

BoostCreepr

Tried to strip the blue off but didn't work so well... So I made due.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1371432992291.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1371432992291.jpg

/monthly_2013_06/uploadfromtaptalk1371432992291.jpg.30c0601225e9ddd5bc3e6847ef87c5f8.jpg

G

That factory paint can be a PITA to remove. What did you use to get it off?

BoostCreepr

I started with dot 4.. didn't do much in the course of a day.. I than mixed it with some paint stripping gel and used a scuff load and rags.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

G

If you decide to pick up a different one, the FG bodies fit great.

BoostCreepr

You sold your body to a friend of mine. He is contemplating pricing a rally together. If he gives up I'll have that one lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

BoostCreepr

New Issue for the engine gurus. I removed the boost bottle from the motor.. but there is a 735 walbro carb on there that wont mount up without the manifold from the boot tube. So i went ahead and and removed the nipple and used a banjo bolt to plug it and then mounted up the carb and got it back together. Choked the carb.. couple pulls and i pops, turn off the choke and a couple more pulls and it fires and revs real high and then dies. I can rechoke it and pop and then fire it again with same results over and over. I am confused.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts