• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

I can not get the gears to line up.

cordy

Looks like you have the spacer on the middle gear in front of the gear .Try putting the spacer behind the gear and it should lign up.Are you missing any shims?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Here is the deal. The inner and outer gears are different.

Notice the lip on the inner gears. Those are outers for use with the 35t gear.

Here is the inner. Notice no lip by the drive square.

2133d3fa.jpg

rcgasser

I don't think a spacer goes behind the gear but if I do put one behind the gear then it sticks the front gear out to fat that it will not touch the clutch bell gear.

rcgasser

Ok thanks dad I see what you are saying with the no lip gears every gear I have has a lip so what is the part number for the no lip gears? These are the same gears I took off of it I just changed the gear plate and the bearings.

G

Really???? Ok.

Try swapping the two 25t gear.

rcgasser

Also I just noticed the old square gears that are wider then those that come stock on the XB and not as strong they do have gears with no lip on them when I use the old style gears it will line up because they are wider but I know from past experience it will eat them up quickly.

G

The gear in the photo is actually a 24t.

The xb comes with 24,26 for the inners.

I'll go down to Redcat and see why those are not listed inventory.

You currently need to order a complete set to get them to line up.

So there is two styles of square drive gears.

rcgasser

So if I just get the belt drive will that eliminate this problem or will I need something else also to run the belt drive to make the pulleys straight?

G

The drive pullies are against the bearings that simple. One washer on the tension pulley spaces that. Pretty simple. Haven't seen one problem in alignment yet.

rcgasser

Ok thanks for all of your help then so instead of me buying something else I will just get the belt drive. Thanks once again brain I really do appreciate it.

jdfoxracing69

not 100% sher but any chants you grub screws are sticking out to far to allow the gear to fully slid on to the square nut just wondering

jdfoxracing69

am my set up is .. clutch bell gear bearing square nut the gear washer an loch nut middle gear bearing small washer gear spacer square nut spacer gear small washer lock nut an drive hear is bearing square nut gear small washer an lock nut hope this helps :D

rcgasser

jdfoxracing69 said:
not 100% sher but any chants you grub screws are sticking out to far to allow the gear to fully slid on to the square nut just wondering
No they are on correct its the lip on the gears.

rcgasser

jdfoxracing69 said:
or just look it up in the instruction manual page 9
Thanks for the help I will just buy the belt drive I wanted one anyway but I was going to wait until the diffidence belts and pulley come out but this just give me a good reason to buy one sooner.

jdfoxracing69

:p ok an like i side wasnt 100% sher guts trying to help but yes it dose give you a good reason :p an whats so good about the belt VS gears ?

rcgasser

Quieter, engine spools up quicker, lighter and the super cool factor and when the different belts and pulleys come in where you will be able to adjust the gearing then it will be super cool and all my cats will have one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts