• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

hurrax crypton

Clubin

Banned
THat looks very nice. Did you buy it from Clayton? I was thinking about one, although parts are a little tougher to get.

M

magnum57

OK yolonda21 where did you get that beauty:confused: I found it at fusion hobbies but big bucks in euros:(.

The Crypton 4WD sets new standards for durability, power train layout and variability. An artful, tried and tested all-wheel-drive concept made to exceptional quality and with excellent handling. Consequently hobby drivers as well as racers can enjoy the new way of driving 4WD.

To compromising nothing in performance, quality and design deliberately none of the already known components was used. On the contrary every single part was CAD designed regarding its use.

The chosen mix of materials shows a perfect combination of power to weight ratio and durability. Therefore the plastic parts are made of many different materials depending on their use. Wherever it was necessary the parts were made from high-grade aluminum. Also many chrome and stainless steel parts are used.

To use a lot of shared parts was emphasized. An example is the suspension arms which are the same on all 4 wheels.

Features

Extreme tough chassis and suspension layout

Drive system: hardened and weight optimized metal gears with sealed gear boxes

Drive shaft power transmission

Alloy differential incl. spiral bevel gear

Double wish bone suspension with maximum setup variability

Large suspension travel

Runs exclusively on ball bearings

Alloy shock absorber incl. progressive springs

Powerful dual disc brake

Adjustable alloy servo saver

Easy access to change the gear ratio

26ccm Zenoah engine (power 2.2KW / 3.0PS)

Factory assembled

Length: 866mm

Width: 470mm height 310mm

Wheelbase: (variable) from 558mm (standard) to 526mm

Weight (without radio control) approx. 11.5kg

Tyre diameter: 176mm, width: 63mm

Camber: front and rear axle adjustable

Toe front- and rear axle adjustable

Fuel tank capacity 650ml

Gear ratio variable in 10 steps from 8.74:1 to 14.27:1

Turning circle: 2.6m

basher

i've had my eye on that car since day 1 . thats a damn good lookin car . i would have one if it had us dealers . have fun dude let us know how it works.

Piranha2

Contributor
$2000.00 for this or $2400.00 for the Ultimate........I just don't understand :confused: it's like saying, "Do you think my Ferrari is nice"......well, hellya !!!

noyb98098

Talked to one of the guys at Large Scale RC today about getting one of these.. He said, "they are not worth it for the money and that they wouldnt be carrying anymore of them". I asked for further clairification and he only said that MCD is much better in terms of quality and price. I had heard the same thing over in the HPI baja forum.. Is this true from what you guys have heard? If so that stinks, I wanted to get that Truggy. :D

yolonda21

Contributor
From what i understand , the Hurrax Crypton had several problems when they were first released. But the they were all delt with and everyone was sent replacement parts. Free.....upgraded shock shafts ,wheels and tires, front drive cups, front diff cups and dogbones. There new model has all of these things fixed. And I picked mine up for less then half of retail......yeehaw:D

yolonda21

Contributor
I got it from Clayton at VP..........its been for sale since sept 08.

IMADMAN

Try sending a PM to member AK-Zip I think he has 2 of them and loves them, he's had all kinds of Largescales RC's so he can pretty much tell you how it compares to a few different makes.

Clubin

Banned
THey are nice, as soon as you see Innovative, DDM, Pro5thScale stocking part's then I would get one, untill then I will drool over the pictures you posted. For what you paid you got a awsome deal, and the innovation in the model is superior to anything out.

I like the YUCKON.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts