• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

HSP Failsafe goes full throttle

Quester

I attached the HSP Failsafe that comes with the MT and when you turn off the transmitter instead of applying the brake it goes the wrong way and goes full throttle instead. I called redcat support and they told me to turn on the transmitter and the truck. Then while holding the throttle servo in reverse with the transmitter I should press the set button on the HSP Failsafe until it blinks.

I tried that and held the set button but it never blinks, it just stays solid. I just can't figure out how to get this thing set right to put on the brakes. Does anyone have any ideas?

GTS 666

If you own the MT you can also cross over the brake and throttle linkages which most do any way to run a Hpi filter.As the factory setup the throttle linkage will touch the filter. That way when you do turn off transmitter the brakes will come on instead.

DemonRC

I never messed with any of the factory failsafes, however, I'm sure they are like most external failsafes in that they have to be setup.

In my opinion, and I'm sure most guys here will concurr, you should ditch the failsafe and install a killswitch. You'll understand why the first time your car goes WOT, across a field, into a street, and into oncoming traffic. Hopefully you get lucky and it just slams into a fence destroying the front end.

Quester

Ok DemonRC you paint a very compelling point! Kill switch it is! In the mean time I'll try switching the linkage as GTS suggested. Do you guys have a suggestion for a good kill switch? By the way what is the advantage of the HPI air filters overstock other than more HP? Forgive me for the dumb questions but I am still pretty green.

rcgasser

Quester said:
Ok DemonRC you paint a very compelling point! Kill switch it is! In the mean time I'll try switching the linkage as GTS suggested. Do you guys have a suggestion for a good kill switch? By the way what is the advantage of the HPI air filters overstock other than more HP? Forgive me for the dumb questions but I am still pretty green.
Killer rc makes the best kill switch the HPI air filter will not give you more power it will provide better air block more material from getting in your engine especially if you run on dirt.

ImminentFailure

Yes, any friends I get into 1/5 scale RC i don't let em run without a killswitch. These things are absolute death missile. I've seen what one does to a car in a parking lot out of control. I would hate to see the day it take off across the park into the children sand box.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts