• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hpu High Flow Exhaust

beachthrottle

Is this hpi high flow exhaust thats on the 5T much better then the stock CAN?

jigawatt

yep, better flow! The powerband is more apparent with it too. Anything is better than the stock can... gut it and you get a noticeable gain.

beachthrottle

I got a jetpro pipe but it cracked right where u mount it to the side of the engine...

so i need something else now

tntjz3

beachthrottle said:
I got a jetpro pipe but it cracked right where u mount it to the side of the engine...
so i need something else now
Would you like it fixed? I can do that. Let me know.

beachthrottle

tntjz3 thanks.. I sending it back to dino he is going to exchange it.. but I don't think I want to run a Jetpro anymore. I really don't like it hanging off the side..

why I am leaning towards teh High Flow pipe from hpi.. The bigest difference I notice with my stock can from jetpro is I don't have as much topend

basher

I also cracked my side mount jetpro after skiding into a tree. you can stop by any body shop in your city and one of the guys would gladly weld it back for you for free or $10 bucks. IF I WERE YOU I WOULD GIVE THAT MCD rr REAR MOUNT JETPRO A TRY, YOU WOUN'T BE DISSAPOINTED AT ALLtrust me. I have tried 3 motors in my TT. O'brothers 27.2 Pro mod 4 bolt. tossed my TT around like rag doll. Also tried the 27.22 reed and a 28.5 reed. Seems like that damn pipe could'nt even wait for any of those motors to git a little gas, and it takes over damn near with out a bogg. thats a rally good pipe and it fits pretty good. you'll have to make a brace for it though.

beachthrottle

I am on sprint77 list.. Just curious to what the HPI Highflow can is going to be like.... I run the Proline DesertRat body and honestly the jetpro and it don't work to well..

How much power loss are u going to get with the Hpi High Flow?

I don't want anymore bottom end power Just break more dogbones then!

DemonRC

beachthrottle said:
I am on sprint77 list.. Just curious to what the HPI Highflow can is going to be like.... I run the Proline DesertRat body and honestly the jetpro and it don't work to well..
How much power loss are u going to get with the Hpi High Flow?

I don't want anymore bottom end power Just break more dogbones then!
Why not just get an XCan? They are better than the HPI 5T can and look a hell of alot better.

beachthrottle

i should have my 77dom next week. but I have 3 rampages now so trying to see how the Highflow runs.. I got 2 desertrat bodies to paint still also

i can say u need the buggy rear mounts for it. makes it easier

i hope it not to loud because HOA here stict!

mooman007uk

Banned
Oh it's loud..had my first complaint the other day at my fav bash ground...some stunned c#$t came out moaning...i'm going back tomorrow just to be nice:D

I'd use the buggy mounts but i want to keep the bumper so i'll hack something together

str8jailbird

Hey Moo, if you are gonna put the Desert rat on with Sprint's rear dom I suggest getting some aluminum tape. I used the rubber connector from the stock and a 90 degree piece of 1 inch copper to direct the exhaust down. With the Proline body the pipe ends right inside the rear left fender. I put some of the aluminum tape as heat shielding just in case. 2 tanks and no probs with any warping. Not sure if the exhaust would warp the body being undirected but why chance it they aren't cheap.

mooman007uk

Banned
yeah I've already spied that...i used the stock rubber and cut a piece of the stock stinger to extend past the wheel arch I will be getting some tape too for good measure I don't want to take any chances.

Beachthrottle the dom is louder than my fg baja jetpro by just a touch.

I don't think you'll like coming from the jetpro to a can...can's just don't get on the pipe.

Even though the dom is loud it is a torque monster

who are HOA? some busy body noise abatement society or what?

beachthrottle

I don't really need more torque.. I running 27/33 gears . I did like the Jetpro Top End.. just the jetpro hard to make bodies fit like my desert rat that hsa a whole roll of Muffler tape on i so the Jetpro doesn't burn a hole in the $120 Body!!!

I am going go try the Hppi HighFlow... I have a 28.5 Motor and Ihave to admit with the stock can its not that bad!

speedbaboon

isnt the HPI high flow exhaust more the same like a gutted stock can?? that's what i thought but not sure as i don't have one :p

i'm running a stock 23cc with gutted can atm .... but the exhaust mod master Sprint 77 is doing my RDLOGICS pipe (got the sh*t from my neighbours when i had rear dom on my Baja), really can't wait when it gets here .....

Piranha2

Contributor
Home Owners Association.........MOO.......and even the mx'ers out here turn away when the 77DOM goes by at WOT :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts