• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

HPI V2 HD shocks

Stumpdiggitty

Will these fit on the XSC? The stock shocks for the baja 5t i believe... Lookin for shock upgrade suggestions. Anyone got any?

G

You can make the fronts work for all four, but they will be a little longer.

Stumpdiggitty

well, i installed front upper and lower aluminum arms, and now it seems as if my susp travel is shorter. I don't know if i did it wrong or not, but i havent put the ones on the back yet. when my car is on the stand, the front arms are level, and the rear ones hang down a bit. The fronts use to hang down as well a bit, but not anymore, theyre just level... any ideas? they supposed to be this way? anyone with aluminum upgrades chime in on this?

G

You are missing the shock tab on the lower arm. Take a look at the plastic arm. You will notice the shock mount sits above the arm. You need the aluminum version of that piece.

G

You need part number 710031.

You can also use a longer shock and that will fix your issue.

I decided to run the MT shocks.

-

Here is the shock mount tab I'm talking about.

-

Here you can see the difference that tab makes.

Stumpdiggitty

i wonder why Rob didnt send that peice with the arms....he said the shock bolted directly to the lower arm, because i asked him how it mounted, because they didnt come with that peice... that peice came with the rear aluminum arms though...

G

It is an add on piece. I brought this up with Redcat last year. None of the aluminum arms came with them. The tabs have to be ordered separately and it's not very clear on the Redcat site. I'm guessing Redcat still has inventory without the tabs so some arms end up comming without the tabs.

G

I would try contacting Redcat on the missing tabs. They might just send you a set.

Stumpdiggitty

Contacted Redcat and theyre sending me some! Yeah buddy! One thing i gotta say is redcat CS is always awesome to deal with. Said it was a mistake on their part...

G

Good to hear.

Chief409

How well do the aluminum arms hold up to hard bashing. I was going to order some after I had to replace a front arm on the DR, but held off, didn't want to spend bucks on something I'd bend right off the bat.

G

They don't hold up to hard bashing. The aluminum is fairly soft. I'm hoping 7075RC will start making some in the future. I run plastic lowers with aluminum uppers.

NUNCHUCKSKILZ

Stay tuned for some new Shock Towers being made to run HPI front shocks all the way around. A aftermarket company has them in the CNC as we speak. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.